Thursday, March 13, 2008

Review - Origin's Modern Friction



Modern Friction™ Nature's gentle dermabrasion $36.50
Sand-blasting skin with coarse, chemical crystals? How painfully passé. Here’s age-erasing exfoliation without irritation. Skin-refining rice starch, cushioned in cream, shows real affinity for rapidly removing sluggish cells, uneven patches and signs of skin damage and discolorations.


CitySlicker Says:
I am not sure I would use the words gentle & dermabrasion together. When I think of dermabrasions for home use, they are rough on the skin; this is more like a gentle scrub. It's so gentle, I used it 3 days in a row without getting dried out or irritated. This looks like a white clay mask. I applied to damp skin and started to swish around. There is some scrub to it but not much. When I added water, I was pleasantly surprised that it started to gently foam. So it's a face wash and a scrub in one. I personally think the price is high for a gentle scrub. It does smell pretty good, it's got a minty scent and cooling feeling on my skin. It's not overly cooling, just a light sensation. I think that is nice since I was heating up my face with the scrub. All in all it's a decent product, nothing is going to replace the manual harsher microdermabrasion kits for me, since with those I see more dramatic results and suffer minimally. With this product, I didn't notice any improvement in my skin's texture or appearance.

No comments: