Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Review- Dove Advanced Care Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner

For Hair with More Severe Symptoms of Dryness or Damage
Repairs Damage. Advanced Care

Hair needs different levels of moisture depending on the level of symptoms experienced. Dove delivers therapy to hair with symptoms of severe dryness or damage with intense moisturizers that go deep inside the hair and repair the surface, without weighing it down.
Intense moisturizers target dryness and damage where you need it most

  • Repairs the roughness and dryness of damaged hair, leaving it noticeably softer and smoother
  • Reduces more severe frizz and flyaways
  • Cleans effectively without stripping hair of essential moisturizers

The other day I did something really stupid. I put scalp and hair oil meant for African American hair in my hair. I am Caucasian. My friend told me that you just put it in and leave it in. Well on my hair I had no choice- it wouldn't come out. I had to wash my hair 5 times (incl. one time w/ a bar of soap) to get it out. As you can imagine, by this point my hair is like straw. I had a sample of Dove Advanced Care Therapy shampoo & conditioner and I figured if I was going to really put it to the test, now was the time. Not only does it smell delish (a little like fresh cherries), it's left my hair clean and soft as silk. It costs a little more than regular Dove ($4.99 @ Drugstore.com) but it is so worth it. It works like some products I've used 4 times the price. I highly recommend it.

Amanda S. adds:

I'm reviving this post because I just tried the Dove Advanced Care Advanced Color Therapy shampoo, apparently meant for hair dyed darker than its natural color. Well, that's ME. I wasn't sure what that really meant, I mean can a conditioner for dark hair dye be different than for light hair dye? Honestly, it feels that way. This was only a two use sample, but let's put it this way: I am almost ready to touch up my hair, which is dyed with semi-permanent dark black hair dye, and admittedly, it's pretty limp and dull. Along with the Fekkai (see below) UV Thermal Protectant, I think I could easily go another two weeks before I retouch my color without any problem. Last week I was 100% sure I was about to have a dye-emergency and would need to redo it right away. For a drug store purchase-able product, this stuff is pretty salon quality and I just had to revive this post to let everyone know, if you dye your hair dark and find that after a while it looks pretty flat, this perks it up really nicely and delays having to redye just for the sake of shine.


No comments: