Friday, March 21, 2008

Review - Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener's Hand Therapy Cream


After a long day of handling thorny situations, our gardeners hand therapy is just the help you need. Nutrient-rich shea butter helps nourish and condition work-roughened hands.
  • Shea butter rich formula
  • Soothes
  • Conditions
  • Restores softness
Scent: Fresh green clover, lavender, sage rosemary and thyme.

This is a great thick hand cream that does the job when I've been painting all day or working on a project that involves a lot of dirty hands and thus a lot of hand washing. It goes on pretty greasy but absorbs fairly fast and has a pleasant enough scent. What really makes this cream stand out though is the texture, it's super super thick but not in an unmanageable sense where you can't properly rub it into your skin, it's just got a great unique texture that I really like. It may be a little too over the top for every day use or having at your desk/in your purse, but if you're working outside or washing your hands a lot, this definitely re hydrates the skin and makes it look fresh and soft.

City Slicker Says:

I too believe this is a great hand cream. When I use it, it really feel like it's coating my hands without feeling like they are coated. It's grease less and lasts.. When washing you can see the water bead of the skin but once the soap hits it, it quickly rinses away. I find the scent to be earthy and light. A friend got this for me almost a year ago and I still have a lot left, this is the kind of cream that a little goes far and you won't need to reapply as often as most.. I work with a lot of paper and my hands are always dry.. This is a product that when I apply regularly makes a significant difference. I think that usage is the key and I tend to be a slacker. Also I want to mention that it absorbs quickly so you can get back to doing whatever was on the agenda!

Hillary says:

I'm a little torn on this hand cream. On the one hand, it is a great, super softening hand cream. On the other hand, you have to be very cautious to use it sparingly or else you won't be able to turn a doorknob! I like this cream for night as it does leave my hands silky smooth, but I'm not such a fan for daytime use.

Sheba says:

This is one powerful hand cream and it works wonders. Yes, it is a bit thick but not so thick as to be a problem. You just need a tiny dab and it absorbs into your skin so fast. You will be amazed at how soft and silky even the driest hands feel once it is applied and used for a little while. Actually as soon as you apply it your hands feel the difference. Because you need so little you will have this cream for the longest time so you won't have to buy more that often. It is definitely one of the best for hard working hands. I have had some very good luck finding this on EBay at excellent prices. As of today, 12/18, there is a 20% off sale at the website above. Have no idea how long it lasts but worth it to check it out. First check EBay.

Movie Maven says:

Part of my attraction to this hand cream is the packaging - I know, I know, that's not the thing by which you're supposed to judge products (or books, as the saying goes), but it's just so quirky and cute! The little old-fashioned metal tube just makes me happy. I have to concur with Hillary on this one - the first time I used it, I accidentally squeezed out FAR too much and was frantically searching for someone I could share with! But once I got the hang of it, this cream was lovely. The scent is surprisingly pungent, though - I used it in a car and the other passengers all immediately smelled it. It's not a bad smell (a sweet herbal blend), but it gets right in your nose right away! So perhaps forewarn any other passengers that you'll be using it.

Deedeljuse Says:

Can we say LOVE! I am a huge fan of the all natural, and while I am not positive that this hand cream completely fits the bill, I am positive that I love it enough to let minor infractions slide.... As all of the above have mentioned this is a super thick, rich, lover-ly cream that leaves the hands super moisturized and happy. The packaging is so easy to use, and I have never had the problem of squeezing too much out. Why do so many creams think that pumps are a good idea? I will never know. What I do know is that I adore the smell of this hand cream. It is generally deliciously green and fresh just like a garden should smell. Wonderful, oh and the hand soap is pretty delectable too.... All for another time.

No comments: