Friday, March 21, 2008

Review - Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Cream

This exotic fragrance is a sensuous blend of Japanese cherry blossom, vanilla rice, oriental woods and delicate mimosa petals. Fragrant, everyday body cream nourishes and softens even the driest skin.

Fragrance Top Notes: Asian Pear, Fuji Apple and Ume Plumb Fragrance Mid Notes: Japanese Cherry Blossom, Butterfly Lily, Kyoto Rose, Mimosa Petals and Hedione Fragrance Base Notes: Vanilla Rice, Imperial Amber, Silk Musk, Cinnamon Incense, Himalayan Cedarwood and creamy Sandalwood.


I really like the way that this body cream smells, and apparently so do many other people! Bath and Body Works is definitely highlighting it as one of their most popular scents, and I can see why! It is light and fruity with an irresistible oriental bottom note that definitely evokes a sense of the orient, without being too spicy. The cream itself is very thick, though not as thick as some other creams out there. It easily soaks into your skin after the shower and leaves you feeling well hydrated. I have dry skin on my legs and other parts and it is perfect! I think that it might be too much during the summer but for the dry winter months, I’m hooked; and it’s only $10.50 for 8 oz.

Amanda S. Says: I can't believe this lotion is only around $10, it's really probably the best scent Bath & Body Works has come up with since they've opened (and trust me, I'm constantly in their store checking out what they have). I mean, OK let's be honest here, a lot of times B&BW will have stuff that in concept seems like it'd smell great but on investigation (eg. smelling it) it's either overbearing, too candy-coated, too artificial or often just plain not what you expected. But this really is a great soft beautiful and PRETTY scent. Much more adult than their others and the scent lasts a lot longer.


No comments: