Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review- Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer




Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer creates the perfect canvas for eyeshadow application. Wear this universal shade under shadow to increase longevity, or create the perfect nude eye by applying over the lid for an even tone. Size: 0.1 oz. $20

Oh, this is the exact beauty product missing from my essential makeup kit! Usually, I do wear some kind base for my eyeshadow, but I had been skipping that step lately when my old one ran out. So, no wonder my eyeshadow hasn't looked so great lately or the inevitable crease shows up no matter how many hours I sleep. I know a great product really really works when I can see a noticeable difference right away, recognizing how much better my eye makeup looks! This Smashbox Lid Primer did it. No more creases, the pigment in my eyeshadow looks smoother and richer than before, and I'm really digging the disappearance of fine lines! Plus, the eyeshadow lasts all day too. With such a smooth and pearl-like finish, this Smashbox Primer delivers a nice cream base that elevates our beloved eyeshadow to a higher level, while erasing a few lines here and there at the same time! For those reasons alone, I'm completely smitten! A definite try and a worthwhile choice indeed!


Movie Maven says: "I'm lazy," I whine. "I have too much to do in the morning, like roll out of bed and hit the snooze button 47 times. I can't be bothered to put on primer. It's not even a color." My common sense, however, fights back: "Do you want your eyeshadow to run out halfway through the day? Do you like looking like you rubbed all your eye makeup off? No? THEN PUT ON THE PRIMER." So I do, and inevitably I'm happy I took the extra - what - 30 seconds? 35, maybe, if I have trouble picking up the brush? Primer is key for me, as products - even powder ones - do not like to stay on my face for very long, and this Smashbox primer is a great one. Goes on smooth, doesn't affect the shade of your shadow too much, keeps the stuff in place all day. Try it!

Hillary says: Smashbox Lid Primer- Where have you been all my life?! I am a total Smashbox cheerleader, but I really do love this primer. I've used it on myself as well as several other people whose makeup I've done lately and it is just the trick to get perfect, long-lasting eyeshadow application. One caveat, I would say this is for light to medium tones only as it is the color of light caucasian flesh. I could be wrong, but I don't think it would work on women with darker toned skin. I think that Smashbox should come out with a second, darker formula for those of you who aren't as white as Casper like myself. I would buy it for my kit in a heartbeat! Still, anything that can make even cheap eyeshadow stay on for hours and hours gets a thumbs up from me. P.S. Smashbox- if I'm wrong about the color thing, please correct me.

No comments: