Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review- M2 Exfoliating Cleanser


Instantly refine your skin every time you wash. This gel cleanser combines Mandelic and Malic Acids to gently exfoliate and remove impurities from the skin. Natural antibacterial, antioxidant, and humectant properties restore balance, clarity, and tone. Soap-free and SLS-free. $22.50 for 6.76 oz.

Using M2 for the last three weeks kind of reminds me of field hockey camp circa 1988. It was a grueling week-long test of one's mettle and every successive day my alarm went off at 5am and I crawled out of bed, I was quite literally closer to the floor, doubled over with so much deep muscle soreness and fatigue that I frequently joked I needed a walker at the tender age of sixteen. But I kept going back every summer because at the end of the week I was in killer physical form and my offering to our field hockey team was totally elite. Get where I am going with this? The physical discomfort of the first week of this line (I had three products to use in conjunction) has been completely worth it--and the website claims that real results start two months into usage! The directions on the back of the bottle offer the possibility of leaving the product on for 30 seconds before rinsing. I found that to be too tall an order, particularly when there was a vulnerability to my face by the end of the first week where I was painfully aware of every minuscule abrasion that didn't even know I had. Finally, in case it wasn't clear, I have seen remarkable results from the M2 line that substantiate every claim they make: clearer, more refined, more even-toned, softer and smoother skin.
Hillary says: This is so weird because Josephine & I agree on practically everything, but on this product (or should I say line of products) we are in total discord. Not that I don't love the products, because I do, but because I've had no discomfort whatsoever from the cleanser or the moisturizer! I hadn't used the products yet when Josephine told me what killers they were but it was worth it because they worked. So I really psyched myself out for that first face wash. I felt nothing! Barely a tingle! I left it on for an additional 30 seconds like the directions say, and still nothing. I rinsed to reveal a glowing, radiant, freshly exfoliated face and I didn't have to go through any discomfort for it. Now mind you, when I went for a photo-facial the other day, the woman kept turning the machine up and asking me if I was ok. Eventually I stopped her. When I was done she was acting all giddy and I asked her "What's up?" she said she'd never used the machine that high before. So I guess my face is pretty tough. What I really like about this cleanser is that I can use it along with my prescription Tazorac with no ill effects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M2 has completely transformed my face. I have been using facial regimes since I was in college - starting with Retina A - and then everything under the sun after that. While I always had spotty success, nothing was consistent, and nothing was dramatic. M2 has changed that perspective completely. I have been using it for one month now. No discomfort (probably because my face had been conditioned from Retin A, etc. for so many years), and frankly my face is the clearest, brightest and most even it has been since I was 15 years old (before the sun, post acne scars, etc. got me). I swear by it, and just bought another bottle to keep on hold, figuring that with my luck, they will discontinue it or something. I am not joking, this stuff is nothing short of amazing.