Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review-Essie Nail Polish





Exceptional quality with a durable, chip-resistant formula has made Essie a favorite among top nail techs, models, editors and celebrities across the world. Contains No Formaldehyde, DBP or Toluene .5 oz $8.


Essie has always been my favorite polish brand. They have a shade in just about any color you can imagine, the pigments are beautiful, and it always gives my manicure a long shelf life. Essie just launched a new Summer 2009 collection with a soft palette of corals and nudes, and bright pinks and oranges to compliment the warm, fun-loving feeling of the season. I had stopped getting salon manicures done in an effort to save money, but with Essie nail polish my DIY manicure looks just like a professional one. I tried the new shade Lovie Dovie, which was kind of a flamingo pink, just a tad bit lighter. As with any Essie nail color, my manicure stayed chip-free for almost a week (until I ruined it scouring a pot with a Brillo pad). The color was really bold and shiny, but the shade of pink was just a little bit too sweet for my taste. If you love a super feminine pink hue, you'll go crazy for Lovie-Dovie, but I prefer a shade with a little bit of edge to it. Luckily I know that Essie has hundreds of amazing shades to choose from!

Deedlejuse Says:
I do not know about the rest of you, but I love love Essie nail polish. I just adore all of their different shades; it says on the website they have over 200! I have a few different shades, and I love the way that each of them look. I think that it is one of the easiest lacquers to apply; I usually do two coats because otherwise it is quite transparent. I definitely notice more longevity with Essie than with some other types of nail polish. I usually get about one week out of a manicure.

Melissa Says: Getting a new Esssie polish makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. I love all of their colors and spunky names. Like the other ladies, I apply two coats for a longer stay, and yes, it does last longer than any other nail polishes I’ve tried. It also goes on smooth and gives a great shine. Plus, it dries fast too. I tried Chubby Cheeks, a coral mixed with a burnt orange/red color on my toes as I like neutrals on my hands and think that it pops nicely with my summer tan. Definitely a good choice for anyone with a darker skin tone.


Movie Maven Says: The best thing about Essie nail polish is their insane color spectrum. You would be hard-pressed not to find the exact color you're looking for when perusing their stock. I have a couple of colors (currently, I have Flirty Fuchsia on my fingers and Funky Limelight on my toes) that, with the right topcoat (I always use an acrylic one from Nailene), will last a good week with little to no chipping. The main complaint I have with Essie is that the neon colors - specifically, the neon yellow called Funky Limelight - tend to be difficult. The first time I wore it, it took three coats to even start looking ready to go, and I did four, just to be safe. The second time, I found that it does this weird bubbly thing - I think I maybe tried to do thicker coats and paid for it! But to be clear: I have only had this problem with the neon yellow, which I imagine is a difficult pigment to concoct. The other colors (all various pinks) have been delightful!

Amanda S. Says: Vote #88932473 for Essie Nail Polish! I really like this stuff. I give my nails a serious beat-down. Between doing art projects, fix-it stuff, typing away madly at work and generally putting my hands in situations of danger, my nails usually look pretty ratty and awful. Every time I use Essie, the polish doesn't chip. Seriously. We're talking, a week and a half later, no chips at all. And that's after major pounding of the keyboard etc. So I have to give the line a thumbs up for that. And on top of it all, they have some of the most innovative colors out there and a super fun selection at good prices.

Sultana says: Never judge a book by its cover!! I have this in "Not Just a Pretty Face". On the outside this color looks like a soft baby pink color. But beware, it packs a pink punch! I love Essie products. One coat will give you a nice perfect pink shade but if you want a bolder pink I would suggest two coats. I used two coats and I got a pretty shade that lasted about a week.
The great thing about Essie? Its available in nail salons everywhere but also in beauty supplies and pharmacies! What does that prove? That Essie is affordable but also salon grade. Now that's something to think about!

Trish says: I have to admit I'm an Essie newbie... I know, I know, where have I been, right?... So all I can say is that if you haven't tried this line of nail polish yet, stop reading this right now and go pick up a few bottles right away! I totally understand why it has received such well-deserved praises from my fellow team members. I tried the latest summer shade called "Cute As a Button" and let me say, it is such a fun, bright and lively coral pink that it looks amazing against any sun-kissed dark tan. Also, I really loved how easy it was to apply - no drippy messes or accidental misses outside the nails - everything goes on exactly where it should be and the strong, full enamel dries just as smoothly as well. As a result, I have a true salon looking manicure in one of my favorite bright shades. So, if you can not make it to the salon for a regular manicure, definitely stock up on a few of these bottles and you'll have a professional looking manicure anytime you need it and in pretty much any color you'd like!

No comments: