Friday, August 14, 2009

Review - Lancome Magnifique Perfume

Audacious. Passionate. Utterly Magnifique.

The fragrance that celebrates her vibrant femininity, her joie de vivre. Infused with the spicy impertinence of saffron, the warmth of roses and the smoky embrace of exotic nagarmotâ wood.

So perfume is my thing. I love it, and I work at an oil perfume bar so I definitely get to smell a lot of it. I went to the Lancome counter today to pick up some moisturizer, and was given a sample of Magnifique. It is definitely a more mature fruity oriental fragrance. It is very nice, but I feel like it has been done before. It It smells a lot like a Givenchy, or older Lancomes. Definitely a nice fall fragrance, but it isn't one that knocks my socks off. The staying power is really good though, at least 6 hours of subtle fragrance.

Above is actually a review I did, about a year ago (my goodness I've been doing this a while!) and I wanted to specify the difference between the Eau de Toilette I tried last year, and the Eau de Parfum I received a few days ago. While I vividly remember this fragrance being rather like most others in department stores in the fall, a little more mature, perhaps, but really quite familiar. When you go for the Eau de Parfum the fragrance, while similar is stunnigly bold and vibrant. The woodieness of this woody oriental explode on your skin, and the berries are so much more powerful! It stays where it is, but closer, so the smell is quiet, but quietly there. I have never tried an Eau de Parfum before, though goodness knows I've tried my share of perfumes, but I have to say it is like SOOOOO worth the extra bucks. The Eau de Parfume is heavy cream, so luxurious and decadent, while the Eau de Toilette is the skim milk, its good but there's gotta be something better. And Magnifique really is when you tone down the alcohol content, I'm impressed!

No comments: