Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Review - Smashbox Eyelights Eyeshadow Palette


Inspired by bright studio lights, our EYELIGHTS palettes contain color-coordinated mega-watt shades to light up your eyes. Each mirrored compact contains three metallic shadows that can be applied wet or dry, and a double-ended brush for lining and smudging. For a beautiful wash of shimmering color, apply the shadows with a dry brush. Apply them wet, and get vivid color with high metallic shine.

Yes. This is the stuff, people. Smashbox has never failed to disappoint me, and these eyeshadows make me want to go to their headquarters and kiss someone. Yes, they stay on really well. Yes, the compact is classy-looking and comes with a sweet dual-head brush so you can apply it multiple ways. Yes, you can use this shadow wet or dry. But my favorite thing about this set is that somehow, they have provided me with the exact colors I want for a great smoky eye. I have the set in "Smokebox," which is described as metallic warm beige, soft pewter, and intense black. I'd probably call the lightest color "ivory" instead of "beige," since it's closer to white than tan, but I am basically obsessed with these colors. You can do SO MANY things with just these three shades. The other color options don't look quite as versatile - none of the other color options have a dark enough color for me to use as a liner - but if they are as long-lasting as the Smokebox, I'm in.

No comments: