Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Review - The Balm Two Timer Mascara in Black

Two Brushes. One formula. Endless possibilities. Net Wt 0.32 oz (10 grams) $20
Starring: Jane Manizer, Marcus Lashalot (The Volumizer) & Johnny Finetune (The Definer).


I love The Balm mainly for their creativity. This product did not fail in that sense. I mean, just look at the names and the ad. How adorable! I absolutely love the old-fashioned setting.
One side promises volume and the other promises length. You can wear them together or separately.
So the concept is to use the volumizing side first and then use the other side to lengthen and separate. This did make my lashes very long but I didn't see a huge difference in the volume. What I do like about this is that is didn't give me ugly raccoon eyes. The formula glides on very smoothly and there was no clumps. I actually fell asleep with this on and I woke up without a smudge. That is because of the water resistant polymer in the formula.
If you are looking for a good water proof mascara with a lot of versatility then this is the one for you.

Movie Maven says: Oh, The Balm. I loved your insouciant naming conventions and your delightfully retro-inspired packaging right from the start, but then when I started using your Shady Lady eyeshadow, I was pleased to find that your products were great as well. Your quality continues in this dual mascara tube, with the same mascara in both ends, but with different brushes; one for volume and one for definition. Like my colleague above, I found that the mascara did a great job with length; less so with volume, though I am happily not a lady who needs a huge amount of volume. The way I've been using this product is to use the volumizing end for day and the defining end for evening - my lashes looked glorious for my Mad Men premiere party last night, and I didn't even have to use falsies. Even Joan Holloway would be scandalized.




No comments: