Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review- Curlisto Structura Lotion


This alcohol-free lotion defines curls and fights humidity without stiffness or frizz. Improves hair strength and pliability. Can be mixed with Control I Gel or Control II Gel for extra hold. Perfect styling tool to soothe all curl types. Hydrolyzed Soy Protein soothes, conditions and strengthens hair, and panthenol prevents breakage and encourages flexibility and elasticity. 8 oz for $12.


My hair naturally is really wild and curly, so of course I spend most of my life trying to figure out how to get and keep it straight. I've always loved the look of those soft romantic mermaid-esque waves in the summer, but with the texture of my hair that look has been impossible to achieve. My shoulder length locks are too short to get the look using a curling iron, so I usually tried scrunching my damp hair with a mixture of products, hoping they will help maintain and control the way my hair naturally coils. Most products I've used have utterly failed me, but Curlisto's Structura Lotion left me with amazing results. The softly scented serum glided through my hair smoothly, and while I normally would have a huge Afro within an hour of it drying, my hair air dried to a mass of beautifully defined, soft waves. There was still a good amount of volume, but it was definitely not out of control. The style lasted all day, and my hair stayed soft, not stiff like some gels or hairsprays can leave it. If you're looking for a product to highlight your natural waves look no further than Curlisto's Structura Lotion.

Josephine says: I concur completely with Malikah. This lotion, which is clear BTW, but is brilliantly capitalizing on the old school styling lotion of yesteryear, reminds me of a Paul Mitchell product from back in the day that was crafted to use before you set your hair with hot rollers. Who doesn't love hot rollers?! Anyway, every time I have used this, I have gotten full round curls that are tame and for lack of a better term joyful. BTW, the salon included a how-to instructional sheet for each bag they gave us to guide us through using their products to the fullest efficacy which I mention now because it's really smart and classy. Well done!

No comments: