Sunday, August 16, 2009

Review- DDF Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer







A daily protective moisturizer that controls exterior oils to instantly minimize shine on contact while also helping to protect against harmful UVA/UVB sun damage. SPF 15. 1.7 oz $42

Right now this is the moisturizer for me. I'm not sure what it was - maybe a combination of the humidity mixed with me wearing some heavy products - but my skin was on a very fast track to break out central! Usually in the past, I just succumed to it and let nature take its course, suffering through a week-long misery of pimples and a resulting scar. Until I discovered this DDF Mattifying Oil Control Moisturizer! Wow, what a huge difference this product has made on my life and my skin! It started to work right away, even within the first use, to control the oily buildup and any potential of a breakout. I was amazed at how quickly it remedied the threat of acne, and still manage to make my skin look better than ever! This moisturizer controls excessive oiliness and shine, in a way that fully hydrates your skin, making it look smoother and more matted than before. The best part is that you can still safely wear UVA/UVB protectant moisturizer in the summer heat and not worry about clogging your pores or tempting your skin with an unsightly breakout. This miracle of a moisturizer fully lived up to all its claims by minimizing oil and shine, mattifying the skin, and guarding against new pimples. I won't go a day without using this because it truly, truly works. My skin looks and feels better than ever! Plus I can breathe a huge sigh of relief and not worry about those scary breakouts too!


Sultana says: This the best moisturizer ever! Not only do I have acne & oily skin, but I have some large pores on my face from sun damage. If I don't wear the right moisturizer, I look like I have giant craters on my face. Yuck! You can wear this before you apply your makeup because it goes on super smooth and makes for a good base.
Acne control and protection from the sun? What more could a girl want?


Josephine says: Count me in as a fan. Um, I am pretty dubious about mattifying 'anything' but under makeup this lotion has gotten me looks of sheer envy, even incredulousness from other women on the NYC subway with their makeup halfway down their face while mine looks pristine. At 9am, no less. Anyway, I am digging the SPF which you 'know' is good when the product smells like some old school Coppertone suntan lotion. Love it.*

*The last 6 or so reviews I have done have been under the influence of the hottest flipping days this city has seen in years in my recollection.

Movie Maven says: I'll join the chorus here! I love Josephine's point about the Coppertone suntan lotion - there is something really comforting about that smell. When I use this moisturizer (which is great, great, great), I always feel like I'm off to a day on the beach instead of slogging through subway traffic to get to my office. But for those first few moments of the day, it's nice to pretend. In any event, this moisturizer is perfect for us ladies with less-than-perfect skin that likes to break out! Since it's made to control oil, it leaves my face de-greased (for a little while, at least). Yes to DDF!

No comments: