Saturday, June 28, 2008

Review - St. Ives Apricot Scrub, blemish & blackhead control

  • Oily/Acne prone.
  • Oil free.
  • 2% Salicylic acid.
  • Gently exfoliates to remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells that can clog pores.
  • Discover the Swiss secrets for visibly healthy skin.
I got a little travel size of this stuff to take on a business trip to D.C. in April. Honestly, it was the only travel size under 3 oz. (the airline won't allow any bigger!) that I could find in the drug store, so I said to myself, 'it can't be that bad, right?' figuring it would at least do the job to get my make up off. I was really surprised by this stuff, having used super expensive exfoliating and micro-dermabrasion products, I found my skin to be comparably smooth and soft, without being red and irritated. I came home and bought a bigger bottle of it to use 2-3 times a week during the summer when my skin gets a little oilier and I tend to get blackheads on my nose and chin. So far I'm really pleased with it, and the usual amanda double usage bonus is that it's cheap enough to use as a whole body scrub, especially for shaving or after getting a wax.

Sheba says:

Amanda is so right about this scrub. It does the job without irritating my skin. Sometimes the scrubs can be just a bit harsh. This is gentle enough to use several times a week without fear of any excess drying, etc. I had originally gotten a small sample of this and it worked. So I bought some and have found it to be a pleasant alternative to some of my other scrubs. The scent is certainly nice enough. All in all, it does its job. It leaves your face clean and smooth with all the dead cells gone. She mentioned the price being so reasonable and that is a definite factor. It works as well as some of the much more expensive ones. You can usually find this on sale at your local beauty supply places. It is a very good investment for a minimal price.

No comments: