Friday, June 20, 2008

Review - Cover Girl LashBlast Mascara


Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast's patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look. Now in waterproof, too!

I think we can all appreciate the joy of getting something for free, right? If you're like me, you will literally accept pretty much anything if it's being handed out gratis, particularly if there are some sort of skimpily-costumed dancer boys doing the handing. Once, someone gave me an energy drink on the sidewalk outside my office. I took it, put it in the office fridge, and forgot about it - it looked gross. But what about the times when you get something for free that you actually want? Those are the best. This is a story about one of those times.

A few months back, when I started writing for beautifile.com, there was a link to a site where you could request a sample of some new mascara, Cover Girl's LashBlast. The thing was, you had to be a teenager to get it. Fortunately, there was no ID checking of any sort, so if anyone asks, my birthday is December 25, 1989. I, of course, promptly forgot that I'd done that, so when I received a package the other day, I had no clue what it could be. To my delight and surprise, it was the LashBlast mascara.

Overall, this mascara is fairly standard: the color (black) is deep and rich, it doesn't smudge much (I did get the non-waterproof version), and its lengthening and volumizing properties are average or a little above average. But what makes this mascara a stand-out is the brush. As opposed to traditional mascara brushes, made of fibers or hair or whatever they are, this brush is made of some sort of space-age rubber stuff that does an amazing job of separating your lashes, which is always my biggest complaint about mascara. You're left with lashes that are full and long, but not clumpy - hooray! $7.99 @ walgreens.com.

CitySlicker Says:

I am on board with the mascara brush with the rubbery bristles. I love them. This is a good mascara, it lengthens and give me full lashes. When I first opened the mascara, there was so much on the bristles that I had to wipe away a ton of product so as not to overwhelm my lashes. The bristles are so tiny, they can't handle too much product. It's my opinion and I am sticking to it. I have been using this off and on for about a month and the product is finally at the point where I don't have to dry the bristles. I do wear contacts & I've had no adverse reaction and love the long lengthy results. Worth every penny!

1 comment:

Stacey Renee said...

I discovered LashBlast around the beginning of the summer, of this year. I like it as well... I like that when it dries... it is soft. My lashes are actually soft. It does take me about 10 minutes to do my lashes the way I like them. (I have long, transparent lashes and during my make-up application process in the morning, I always spend the most time on my lashes. However, as much as I like this product, it takes me longer to apply it...)