Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Review: Abrione Clean Slate Cleanser - Normal to Oily

Not your ordinary facial wash, Clean Slate Facial Cleanser contains bioactive ingredients to help purify, clarify, exfoliate and revitalize your complexion. Aloe vera gel helps prevent inflammation and botanical extracts help brighten and protect the skin from the adverse effects of the environment.

You know that gel they put in a tray at the dentist's office and then put on your teeth? The intense fluoride treatment stuff? Imagine using that as a facial cleanser, and you will get the approximate experience of Abrione's Clean Slate Facial Cleanser. It smells exactly like the mint flavor of that fluoride stuff, so much so that I wanted to have a suction tube in my mouth to get rid of the excess spit. It's a moderately-foaming cleanser, which is fine, but the main thing that happens after you use it is a weird, cool feeling on your face. It feels so bizarre, especially in the eye area, for about five minutes or so after washing. I don't know if that means it's working or what, but it's kind of amazing/disturbing. The best feature of the cleanser was that although it's formulated for normal/oily skin, it wasn't over-drying, which can sometimes be an issue. Overall, I liked it, but the dentist's office smell really got to me, so I don't know if I'd like using it on a regular basis.

No comments: