Thursday, October 23, 2008

review - Zia Skin Basics Fresh Cleansing Gel

Fresh Cleansing Gel is a non-foaming cleanser that refreshes and purifies skin with mineral-rich sea algae. Natural sugars remove excess oil, makeup and surface impurities without stripping skin's moisture content. Fresh Cleansing Gel is mild, soap-free, excellent for sensitive skin and also works wonderfully as a shaving gel. Also suitable for rosacea.

So, I have been using this cleanser for a while and it has just taken me forever to wrap my head around it. First off, I will say that using the trio of products (all the reviews will follow) from Zia Organics has created a beautiful glow to my skin. I haven't had a pimple since I started using it, I usually don't get pimples too often, but almost always when I begin a completely foreign regiment like this one. I love the company: a relatively affordable line of natural, certified organic products, not tested on animals, no harsh chemicals, skin care that is very user friendly. You can even go to their website and have a personal consult for your specific skin type. All of these things I personally feel we should demand in our products now that we have that option. But... of course there has to be a but, right? This cleanser is unlike any other cleanser I have ever used. It doesn't foam at all. It just doesn't have any kind of soap in it, which of course is so gentle and must be nourishing (because my skin looks and feels great) but it is different. They say that it takes off makeup and oils with the sugars themselves, which it must because the cotton ball test was clear. It is just unfamiliar, so I had to get used to it. It really is basically a gel that you massage on your face for a minute then rinse off. It is quite thick, so you shouldn't use more than a dime size drop or it will be too much to work with, and I find that it is easiest to get it off with a washcloth. Finally, I would say, I highly recommend this line and this product but just know it might take some getting used to!

No comments: