Friday, October 3, 2008

Review - Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream



This rich scrub eliminates impurities, dead skin cells and excess oil while stimulating cellular renewal. $35.00

The first thing I noticed is this tube is 1.6 oz and costs $35.00 and for that $ it better perform. Upon my first application I can understand why it costs what it does... It is simply amazing! I think if you really wanted to, you could use it daily. I am using every other day and loving it! It’s got a light scent that dissipates while using (not perfumey). It's so gentle (perfect for everyone who has sensitive scent) and invigorates my skin. It doesn’t scratch or rip at my skin at all. The buffing action comes from jojoba beads which glide over the skin and they don’t induce any irritation whatsoever... It rinses away leaving fresh, slightly flush skin that is super soft and subtle; I am surprised they are making this in a couple of sizes. This is a great product to keep the fresh look without having your face pay for all the manual manipulation! I can’t say anything else! I am following up with the energizing concentrate in the evening and the combo work wonderful together!

Maria says:

Ummm....can I just say "what she said". No, seriously - City Slicker was spot on with her review. I am head over heels for this buffing cream. I know she's using it every other day - but I love it so much I use it every day - albeit just a wee bit so I don't overdo it. It absolutely does not scratch the skin - on the contrary it makes it baby's hiney soft and supple. It's like the little beads burst with moisturizing goodness - but yet you feel like your skin is being buffed - but in a good way if that makes sense. I have tried quite a few buffers/exfoliators and this is by far my favorite - mostly b/c it is so non-irritating and just all out pampering. I have been a fan of Caudalie for a few years now - starting with the cult fave Beauty Elixir, then experimenting with their Radiance Revealing Complex and now this little gem -- actually this little gem AND the hydrating mask which I will review under separate cover.

Deedlejuse says:


You probably already know what I'm going to say..... but: this buffing cream is awesome! So I have normal to dry skin, that can feel really dried out by some types of cleansers. This one does not dry it out at all, even though it is a little more intense than a normal cream cleanser. The suspension is a wonderful consistency, you can totally tell that this product cost $35 because of the way it feels. As City Slicker mention it smells delicious, not eat it delicious, but purely feminine and pretty and clean. I have been using it once a day for about a week, and my face looks so bright. I follow up with Caudalie's Moisturizer and I have to say I look beautiful!

No comments: