Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Review - Hemlock Springs Cottage Handmade Soap


Our handmade soaps are lovely and fragrant, and with care will last for several weeks if not longer! We use fresh ingredients in formulating our products, including things like unrefined shea butter, fragrant and undeodorized cocoa butter, and skin-loving olive oil. Our soaps and lotions and other sundries are created with a mind towards pampering not only your skin, but indulging your senses with scent and color.
Our handmade soaps may contain the following: olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, tallow, shea butter, cocoa butter, castor oil, palm kernal flakes, soybean oil. $5.50

I just happened upon these soaps at a Pumpkin Festival I went to in New Hampshire. Actually, the table I bought the soap at had many more scents than are listed on the site. Hey, maybe they were selling the older ones to make room for newer ones. At any rate I picked up 'Clove', 'Hampton Beach', 'Margarita', and 'Pumpkin Spice'. Each one is more heavenly smelling than the last one. Hampton Beach is ocean scented while Margarita certainly smelled more like Key Lime Pie to me. The ingredients are all natural and the soaps lather up nicely and leave you feeling so clean and fresh. The scent does stay with you for a little while although it is not strong at all once you are through with the soap. My skin feels nice and soft and nourished and moisturized. I really do like this soap and I am sure I will not get bored with the many scents avaiable. The cost is just about what you would expect for a bar of handmade soap and I believe I got my money's worth.

No comments: