Saturday, July 12, 2008

Review - St. Ives Olive Face Scrub

St. Ives Elements Olive Scrub, with all natural exfoliants, sweeps away dead skin cells and reenergizes skin. Olive Oil helps nourish the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and moisturized.

I love using face scrubs, but sometimes they dry my skin out or make my face feel shocked and stinging afterward and I feel like I have to load on the moisturizer. This dermatologist tested olive scrub is super gentle and soft with no residue or stinging after use. I love treating my skin with oils because they actually can be absorbed into the skin (unlike a lot of ingredients touted for this benefit in facial products), and against popular belief, oils do not increase or cause breakouts. I highly recommend this for use a few times a week to keep skin from feeling dull and flaky, especially if you're prone to breakouts or have minor scars, scabs or hard spots on your skin as the result of periodic breakouts.

Other benefits are that it smells very nice and natural, and it's not tested on animals so you're saving the hides of cute furry creatures every time you scrub down. At prices under $8, it can't be beat.

No comments: