Friday, July 18, 2008

Review - Plum Island Soap Orange Ginger Scrub


This body scrub will help remove dead and dry skin cells. Salts are antibacterial, draw out toxins and revitalize skin while giving you a healthy all over glow. Made with pure sweet orange oil, pink mineral clay & ground ginger. The scent alone will uplift your spirits.

This scrub, a delightfully large container of delicious orange and ginger coarse salt, is more salt than anything else. It's a bit drier than other scrubs I've used, which means it doesn't adhere very well to whatever body part (in my case, feet) on which you opt to use it. It was falling all over my tub and leaving semi-terrifying reddish splotches everywhere. Don't worry, they came out easily. The parts I did get to work on my feet really did work, though - the orange oil in the formula softens and scents, and the coarse salt, not for the faint of heart, scrubbed away at my often-tired feet. And the scent - ah, the scent! So lovely. Not too strong, but citrusy and spicy at just the right level. My suggestion: if you're planning on getting this, use it with some sort of glove or application method, as the salt tends to run away easily.

No comments: