Saturday, July 12, 2008

Review - Calgon Hawaiian Ginger Body Mist


Launched by the design house of Coty, CALGON by Coty is classified as a flowery fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: apple, melon and watermelon along with iris, jasmine and rose. Refreshing and softly romantic. It is recommended for daytime wear.

I know what you're thinking... You're thinking, Calgon? As in the "Take me away!!!" people, right? Well I have news for you. For $5.99 at most drug stores, you can get a gigantic bottle of this body mist, and I absolutely love it. Every time I wear it, someone has to tell me I smell great, I smell like delicious candy, or they ask me what perfume I have on because they love it. The great thing about this mist is that it's subtle and just hints at its scent. HOWEVER! The scent lasts all day and through a night of going out with friends, it doesn't fade off or change it's scent too much when it mixes with your own body's natural smell and chemistry. But let me tell you about my favorite use of this product: hair freshener! Remember back when haircare companies were touting all these hair fresheners and they cost at average about $15 to $20? Well this is a bargain and works just as well. Because I have dry hair due to lots of dying and heat styling, I don't always wash my hair everyday (as most stylists recommend you do even if you don't process your hair). Sometimes I'm terrified my hair smells gross, and a spritzed of this right on my hair or on my hairbrush rightfully takes away my paranoia because all I hear from my boyfriend is that my hair smells awesome. I use this at least three to four times a week, and because it's just a mist, it doesn't leave a dullness or heaviness to my hair. I absolutely adore it.
The really good news is, this spray comes in a variety of scents that are all very unique and delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am 36 and a friend of mine brought me to Walmart and pointed me in the direction of a 1.99 bottle of Calgon Hawiian Ginger... First off, I love the smell of ginger, but it was be strong and overwhelming, but his is wonderful! I wear it everyday and I also spray it in my hair... It's not only for day time though.. I use it at night also if I'm going to be in a room full of people. It stands out in a great way!!!