Monday, July 28, 2008

Review- Nutra Luxe MD Plus Vitamin C



Nutra Luxe MD Plus Vitamin C - Super Serum captures the performance of the first encapsulated, PURE and ACTIVE L- ascorbic acid Cosmeceutical available on the market today. This Preservative, Stabilizer And Creme Filler Free Cosmeceutical is ready to use. $89

First of all, this facial...lotion? I suppose that's where it fits in the spectrum of skincare products, since you don't need to use a separate moisturizer (at least, I didn't). Well, it comes in a package that looks like it should be used for transporting dinosaur DNA to the mainland. (Credit to my roommate for that line.) So that's awesome. The label warned me that it would take a few minutes to soak in, so when I first applied it and it felt like an oil slick on my already-oily skin, I didn't get concerned. The claims were true! It did absorb into my skin, leaving it soft and supple without being greasy. I would recommend to my oily-faced sisters to use this as a before-bed treatment rather than a before-day treatment, because it does take a little time to soak in, and if you're like me, you don't have time in the morning to wait for it. I definitely didn't need another moisturizer, but again, people with drier skin might need to couple it with another moisturizer. I put it on last night and my skin is still super-soft.

Obviously, I can't speak to the efficacy of its claims that it firms skin or reduces wrinkles without a longer test period, but based on the inital times I've used it, I really like it. The one issue I have with it is the price. It's expensive, more than I would ever even consider spending on a moisturizer. That said, it's targeted toward a more mature demographic than I myself fit into (I'm 27), a demographic that might be more financially solvent than me (I'm a freelance writer and actor). So some women might be willing to spend $70 or so on a facial treatment that lasts a while rather than $5000 on cosmetic surgery. If you have the cash to drop, it's definitely an effective treatment.

Amanda S. Says:

I agree with Movie Maven, this stuff is expensive! when I opened the package I thought, wow what is this? Some inoculation against space flu? It looks really cool, clear with all these little beads floating in it. I am not someone with wrinkles, but I have my fair share of dark patches and discolorations on my skin around my nose and cheeks from the sun and a few scars, and after one and a half weeks, I did notice my skin was less flaky and those spots were less noticeable. I can't see how this stuff couldn't work to help someone tighten their skin, because mine even felt smoother and tighter after using for so little time.

Deedlejuse says:

I have to agree with the above on how well this moisturizer works. I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and my skin feels much healthier and softer, and looks really nice. The summer, of course, is the best time for my skin. My skin is normal to dry so in the summer it stays blissfully normal. Almost to the point of oily at times so I really can't moisturize using a thick cream, even at night it just makes me feel heavy and shiny. This is the perfect solution, the gel is very soft and like Movie Maven mentioned almost greasy, but on my skin it soaked in instantly. There was no need for any more moisturizer. I also have to agree that it is very expensive for what it is. The amount in the weird tube thing looks used already, and I have only been using it once a day for two weeks. If you can swing it, give it a try, you will see results!

No comments: