Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Review - Demeter Pure Soap Pick-Me-Up Spray

Feel fresh-from-the-shower clean with Demeter's Pure Soap fragrance. There is nothing quite like the clean smell of freshly showered skin, especially when a pure unscented soap is used. Demeter's Pure Soap is inspired by the scent of skin with just a faint trace remaining of pure soap smell…almost like a memory of the soap, rather than the soap itself. Demeter's Pure Soap is a subtle yet powerful scent, the kind of fragrance that is pure Demeter.
Notes:Pure Ivory Soap.Style:Clean. Comforting. Classic.


$20.00


I am all over the map when it comes to fragrances. Seriously, I love so many but then there are also quite a few that do not agree with me. This is one that I enjoy. If I want a bit of a fragrance but don't want a perfumey aroma about me -- this is one of my choices. I do not like the strong scent of soap and this does have a tinge of soap to it. That is it -- just a tinge. It describes itself as "almost like a memory of the soap" rather than the soap. I guess that will give you a pretty good idea of what it is like. After you have showered or bathed you have a lingering light scent of the cleanser you used. This is very much on that idea. It is not overpowering. This is terrible to admit but sometimes when my dog smells like the 'wet dog' he is after rain. . . yes, I do spray my hands and work it into his fur. It lasts long enough -- until the fur and skin dry and he smells like himself. . . not that his usual smell could not use some help! I don't waste a lot on him (and truth be known - it is not for him -- it is for me to be able to mask the little stinker)! This particular brand, Demeter, is known for their many unusual scents. Some I cannot imagine anyone buying such as "Dirt" and "Rubber" to name a few, but to each his/her own. I have invested in quite a few and I am definitely a fan of the different scents. The price is pretty reasonable for a fun fragrance.

No comments: