Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Review- Mario Badescu Drying lotion

Our best selling Drying Lotion is an excellent spot treatment made with a blend of Calamine and Salicylic Acid to clear up and soothe unsightly whiteheads overnight. A dab of this lotion will heal and dry pimples quickly.

You've seen this cream advertised in the back of fashion magazines a thousand times. I'm not going to say this cream performs miracles, but in my book it comes pretty close. This isn't it's intended use (it is intended for whiteheads- don't pick, I know you want to) but I used this on a cystic pimple on my chin It took a few days, but it did disappear! Usually I go to the dermatologist and get a shot for these bad boys. (I'm not telling you not to do that. Remember they can leave scars.) I've also tested it on normal whiteheads and it works wonderfully on them too. I'm not painting a very attractive picture of myself, am I? If you have pimples at all, you should really give this stuff a try.

Movie Maven says:

I've been very pleased with the Mario Badescu line thus far, so I had high hopes for this drying lotion that claims to clear up your zits overnight. It fell short of my (admittedly high) expectations, but I was still fairly pleased with how it worked. I happened to have two whiteheads when I first tried this (thanks, genetics, for the acne), a larger one and a smaller one. I used as directed (even though there are two layers in there, you don't shake it) and dabbed a little on each blemish. The next morning, The smaller zit was dried out and I scrubbed it away accidentally when I washed off the drying lotion. You can still see a little something going on in that spot, but it's definitely better than it was and much easier to conceal. With the larger one, though, the lotion didn't dry it out enough for it to go away. Again, it's an improvement, but still there (and still difficult to cover up). Overall, I was mildly satisfied with the results. I'd recommend it for people who are prone to smaller whiteheads, or people who notice them right away, since it seems to be more effective on newer blemishes. If you get a lot of zits, though, or they are always fairly large, this might not be the best product for you (though I would recommend some of their other cleansing products for that type of acne).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great product if used correctly. You shouldn't used it on cystic acne it's only for whiteheads. Also, you should not shake the solution. Won't work at that point. There is another good article at: http://ftpdiscounts.blogspot.com/2008/10/mario-badescu-skin-care-savings.html in which they talk more about how to use the drying lotion, what other uses you can use it for and they give you a 15% discount.