Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Review - Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion


This is a non-drying, non-alcohol toner that cleans and disinfects dry and sensitive skin. Mild Witch Hazel formula removes pore clogging debris and anti-inflammatory Seaweed and Aloe Extract soothes sensitive areas.

Here is one of the other Mario Badescu products I have been using for the past few weeks, and it's really great. Normally I would have a really tough time using an astringent or toner of ANY type without paying the price with super dry flaked out skin, but this stuff is super gentle. I'm not sure whether it's all the minerals and stuff found in seaweed that works so well to balance out my skin or NOT, but I like to think that's why. It's cool feeling and non-drying.

Sheba says:
This is opposite to most toners I have used. It does NOT leave your skin dry which is a blessing. It does appear to cleanse clogged pores as it claims – they seem under control. As Amanda noted it is gentle which contradicts what I have found in toners. I actually thought they wouldn’t work if they were not strong enough. This proves my theory wrong. This does have a soothing effect on my skin. That may well be due to the Aloe Extract, Witch Hazel, Anti Inflammatory Seaweed or something else. It is amazing whatever it is! My skin feels terrific when I finish with this. It is soft, smooth and supple rather than that tight dry feeling.

No comments: