Saturday, May 9, 2009

Review- Ahava Mineral Botanic Micro-Peeling Cream Body Wash

This velvety cream body wash is enhanced with a unique combination of Water Lily to promote calmness and tranquility, and Guarana to gently stimulate the senses.
Paraben-free. SLS/SLES-free. Allergy tested. Approved for sensitive skin.


This creamy, exfoliating body wash in Waterlily/Guarana has a fresh slightly floral scent but (and I see this as a plus) it is understated enough that it doesn't stick around to compete with your perfume. Personally I can't use a wash or soap that's too strongly scented if it's not the same fragrance as my perfume. But I digress. This wash takes a little getting used to as it has no harsh detergents and doesn't lather much. It exfoliates well using olive and apricot seed powder but I expected something a little more scrub-like from something labelled "micro-peeling". However this wash was designed to be used on even sensitive skin, so taking that into consideration, it does a great job.This particular formula (there are 7 in the line) is for normal-to-dry skin and as someone with dry skin I can say this leaves my skin feeling refreshed and moisturized. Overall, I would say that if you are looking for a body wash which offers exfoliation, moisturization and is paraben, SLS and SLES free, this is a great one.

Amanda S. Says: SLS & SLES Free is music to my ears! That stuff can really dry out your skin, and as a side note to anyone that gets dermatitis, THIS stuff can be the culprit (it hides in all sorts of products, even toothpaste!). I really loved this body wash, it is actually maybe one of my favorites and sure, it's true it doesn't lather much, but it really made me feel squeaky clean. The part that really got me was what it lacked: I didn't end up feeling itchy all over and my skin lacked the tightness I often get trying new shower/body washes and gels. The exfoliation was nice, not too harsh, but I definitely noticed a difference in the texture of my skin after using this for a little over 10 showers. I'd highly recommend this for sensitive skin.

No comments: