Monday, August 11, 2008

Review: Sea breeze Actives Astringent


Daily control for oil and breakouts with 1% salicylic acid, the #1 dermatologist recommended ingredient for the treatment of acne. Salicylic acid to help unclog pores and reduce oiliness, to reduce breaks without stripping natural moisture. Skin-conditioning natural botanicals including camphor for lasting oil control without over-drying.

I'm not big on heavy astringents, but I do use Sea Breeze Actives (and I stress the "Actives" type because I don't much recommend the other types of Sea Breeze). If you're having a PMS breakout, a stress breakout, whatever... It really seems to work wonders. I use it at night and apply almond oil to my skin afterward, which sounds counterproductive but you'll just have to trust me on this one. I look super young for my age and it's thanks to almond oil, which does not, I repeat NOT cause breakouts. This Actives stuff.... it really clears my skin. AND ladies (and gents, because my boyfriend uses this stuff to) it does NOT dry my skin out. and i am prone to flakes. I use it only a few times a week (never more than 3 unless my skin is a mess) and it helps a lot.
MAJOR ADDED BONUS HERE: You know those super expensive pads and creams you can buy to eliminate bikini line bumps from waxing or shaving down south? well this Sea Breeze Actives has the SAME exact amount of active ingredient as those $20+ rip offs and works exactly the same. If you use it for 3-5 days after waxing or 2-3 days after shaving, you should be bump free. This stuff is cheap too, you can buy it almost anywhere.

No comments: