Friday, August 1, 2008

Review- Revlon Make A Sheen Lustrous Eye Shadow

A trio of complementary eye shadow shades drape lids with naturally sophisticated color and metal accents. Shades can be either blended together to make lids gleam with nature inspired color, or applied individually, for a personalized beauty look. Available in 4 sophisticated palettes.

I have this trio in Showstopper Copper. There is a faintly orange light color, a straight out copper color and a russet copper. These eyeshadows look like a fiery sunset on and are the perfect compliment to green or hazel green eyes. They totally stood up to a sweltering day at the amusement park yesterday and were still going strong when I got home. No easy feat with the sweating and the roller coasters! My only complaint is the distribution of the colors. As you can see in the photo above, they give you a lot of the lightest color and only a skinny sliver of the medium color (which happens to be my favorite). Overall, one of the best drug store purchases I've made recently.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to find instructions on how to apply the Show stopper Copper... I think you get more of the lightest color because it's your base that you put all over your eye lid and then you accent with the other two... but still if there were instructions somewhere. I would love to see them.

Hillary said...

Generally speaking, the lightest color goes above the crease of your eyelid, the medium color goes below the crease, and the darkest color goes right in the crease. That's the way I usually wear my eyeshadow, but it's always fun to experiment!