Thursday, February 26, 2009

Review- Covergirl Outlast Lipstain

"The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick. Its pen-like precision applicator makes it easy to define your lips-just draw on color without any hassle!" $8.49

I am and always have been a fan of lipstains. I tend to wear bold colors that are obviously gone when they come off. I feel like I've hit lipstain gold with the new Covergirl Outlast Lipstains. They are plenty moist and distribute a ton of gorgeous color. But be careful, once it's there, you'll need something to take it off, in other words, don't mess up. I bought 2 as they were on sale, 425 which is a medium pinky plum and 445 which is a brown. Oddly I feel the plum applicator releases more color than the brown. I'll have to buy some more in order to test that theory. They work wonderfully! Pure coverage which you can leave semi-matte as-is or add a gloss if you prefer. I dare say these work better than my old standby, Stila Lip Rouge, although my ideal would be to mix Stila's colors with these pens. I'm hoping they come out with more colors as this delivery system in a dark red would be divine! These are so good, I'd pay retail for them (and that's saying a lot!). Highly recommended!

Helpful Hint: If you live near a CVS, buy them there as they stand behind their cosmetics %100. If you try the shade and don't like it, you can go back with your receipt and return it. I'm not sure what other stores have this policy, but it always helps.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What kind of make up remover do you use to remove lip stain?

Unknown said...

Thanks for that hint, as I'm never sure which drugstores do returns... and I'm wanting these really bad! But there are so many colors, hard to choose. Darn drugstores for not having samples.

Hillary said...

I use eye make-up remover to remove lipstain. The one I have (Vichy) is really gentle and it takes it off flawlessly. HTH!