Sunday, February 22, 2009

Review - Aussie Instant Freeze Hair Spray


Our strongest holding spray dries quickly to freeze your style in place.
Gives instant, long-lasting hold, yet shampoos out easily. $4.99

.
.Yes, this is a very strong holding hair spray. The only time I need the extra hold is when I have the doo in a ponytail. Honestly, I wear it in a pony about 1/2 of every week since I am usually rushing around to get out of the house in the am and it comes in handy at the gym Having said all of that I haven't used such a strong spray in ages. This isn't for the faint of heart, this is for all the gals that want their doo in place! it's got a floral almost fruity scent but it is quickly masked by the high alcohol aroma but when it dries down the fragrance does shine through and it's not bad at all. If you don't mind the drying effects of the alcohol then you will be able to use. I would put my hair in a pony smooth over with my hands then spray this into my hands and smooth over again to get all the little fly aways to lay flat, no joking this does work and keeps my doo in check all day.. The downfalls are if you get into a weather predicament and get the doo wet, almost immediately a strong smell the hairspray again and I didn't like that at all, I don't need my hairspray competing with my fragrance. I did experience my hair looking a little more dry also so beware that you may need to use with a leave in product to keep the drying at bay.. At the end of the day I will continue to use but I highly doubt I would repurchase, I am just at the point where I would rather spend a little more and get a product that is gentler to my hair.

Sheba says: 'Ditto'! I have used this in the past and it definitely does what it claims - Instant Freeze. I think this is a great spray for those who have details to their style they might want to 'freeze', like maybe spike type styles or anything where you want the hair to just stay exactly like it is when sprayed. I bet there are many of us looking for just that spray. However, I, along with Cityslicker, seem to prefer a spray with little or no alcohol, and a natural hold. This one seems more adept for holding the more dramatic style. I have gotten away from the extra firm look but for those who want it -- this rocks!!

No comments: