Thursday, January 31, 2008

Review - Prada Shielding Balm

As seen in Allure magazine (May 2006 issue, p250).After many requests, Prada created a tinted version of its best-selling Shielding Balm SPF 15/Lip/Tint. The new formula is available in five tints.

FOR: Dry, chapped, uncomfortable lips.FUNDAMENTALS:• Protects against chapping, cracking, sun, and pollution.• Leaves lips looking plump with a new longwearing buffed finish.• Sun protectors UVA and UVB filter out environmental damage.• Antioxidant vitamin E and panthenol provide high-tech protection, helping to heal lips and restore a balanced moisture level for softness and conditioning.• The sheer, moisturizing balm is rich with shea butter, which provides innovative treatment benefits and enhances the natural tone of lips. $38.00

CitySlicker Says:

Do I love this because it is made by Prada? I am sure that is part of it but this balm stands on its own - it could be made by Blistex and I would adore it. I have been using this for a few years. I started off with the plain untinted version then moved over to the tinted. I find that this balm coats my lips without making them look greasy or feel like I have anything on. I do notice that it helps with keeping my lipstick on longer. I apply this every morning before adding anything else and it truly is a tiny gem. I also love the fact that since it's expensive they package them into little tubes I toss in my purse, so if I lose it then I know I am only out of a week's worth of product instead of the whole enchilada. This is wornderful for the winter. I use this for cross country skiing and I never get wind burned or chapped lips. I don't slather this on in the evening. I just can't afford to do it - I would run through the entire box in a couple weeks! You will definitely see a transformation within a few weeks of using this product. Also I love to give this as a gift - it's something everyone uses but won't always spend the cake on! Enjoy. Ooo, yeah...I love the Nude Rose, it's a taupe pink that is neutral that can be covered up or worn alone.

No comments: