Saturday, February 2, 2008

Review - Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo


Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo

The natural shampoo that conditions hair from within while gently cleansing and nourishing your hair. Created with a perfect balance of natural ingredients like henna, green almonds and Shikakai. Unlike chemical shampoos that are harsh, Vatika is mild on your hair leaving it soft, silky and radiant, with the gentle caring touch of nature.

200ml size About $6.99

Who couldn’t love an all natural shampoo with an ingredient, Shikakai, that translates as: fruit for hair. An American friend, who grew up in India in his early years when his father was based there as a pilot, tipped me off to this product. He swore it kept his hair from thinning, among all the other benefits it provided. He swore it was the secret to all those gorgeous manes of hair on Indian ladies.

I doubt he researched Shikakai, but I did and found it strengthens the hair root and promotes luxuriant growth. The henna and green almonds don’t just make hair radiant, as promised, but I swear my hair looked as if it was bouncing light like a mirror.

With curly, colored hair, the thought of going conditioning shampoo only (no extra conditioner) seemed insane. I’d once tried an all-in-one shampoo/conditioner (don’t’ ask what it did to my hair) and my colorist told me if I ever used anything like that again, she’d bounce me as a client.

Take my follicles’ word for it that even if your straight hair looks like a broom and your curly hair is poking out in all directions, you truly do not need anything else but this shampoo. No chemicals; healthy, new penny-shiny hair. How great is that.

But where to find Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo? You can google the name and find a couple of websites who sell it but it looks as if they require a PayPal account. If you don’t have, or don’t want, you can always try calling a store in Manhattan that carries the shampoo and ask if you can buy from them and would they ship it. The store is called Little India. Phone: 212-683-1691. No guarantees but this shampoo is absolutely worth the try.

Barbara

No comments: