Saturday, February 2, 2008

Review -- La Roche-Posay Nutritic Ultra Fine Cream -Very Dry Skin



La Roche-Posay Nutritic Ultra Fine Cream - Very Dry Skin
1.35 oz. $26.00
Nutritic is La Roche-Posay's newest product to combat severely dry and extra dry skin types. It features the most advanced combination of 11 natural Biolipids (including Omega 3 and 6) in a unique texture structure that mimics the natural ceramides which restore the skin's barrier function to eliminate dryness. Nutritic is an excellent makeup base that won't clog pores. It is also hypoallergenic and tested safe for sensitive skin.
Nutritic contains the following:
5% Biolipids
8% Glycerin
2% Shea Butter
The name may sound like a protein shake but Nutritic effectively (and immediately) "de-pruned" my face after a whole day outdoors in frigid temps.
Good job. But I'm a very fair, thin-skinned redhead so why had I waited 'til after the fact to repair things? What was I thinking?
Now I cleverly slather on Nutritic as "prune protection" before facing bad weather, meat locker-degree air conditioning or the real skin killer--airplane flights. You can get the product in a 2.5% emulsion but why be a wimp? Go for the 5% biolipid cream.
On my first use, I wasn't so sure about Nutritic being a good makeup base, but the next time I used it, I made sure to wait 5 - 10 minutes for product to fully absorb before applying the warpaint.
Barbara

No comments: