Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Review - L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream



Ultimate moisturizing comfort, with a high (25%) concentration of Shea Butter. A pampering, whipped cream enriched with linseed, mallow, sweet almond and honey extracts, apricot oil and vitamin E. Fast-absorbing; non-greasy texture. $38.00

CitySlicker Says:

This came to my via a friend, I was told it worked wonders on dry chapped lips.. I am lip gloss, liner, lipstick fiend so my lippies are dry by the end of the day. I typically lube them up in the evening so they can refresh & plump up then start over the next day.. I am the type of girl that feels naked without something on my lips, having said that you can understand my pleasure when this was presented to me.. I felt no need to use this in any other way.. I have been using this nightly on the lips for over a week now and all I can say is "Fab"! I have found a product that has been working wonders on my lips since the first night of usage.
This has a very faint scent is natural/earthy/herby and it doesn't bother my lips in the least. It's also got no taste (big plus) and lasts all night long.. I do put a heap on my lips every night after washing up. I haven't encounter a problem with any of the skin around my lips, since this is heavy I thought I might get oily or break out. My skin is clear and not break outs. I think it I was going to beak out it would have happened by now. My lips are moist, hydrated and feel plump.. I think they really even look smoother and I am finding that my lips aren't all dried out at the end of the day..
A little trick I picked up is, buy a babies toothbrush and apply a lip treatment to the brush, rub around on the lips lightly. It's a light exfoliant.. It removes dead skin and leaves the lippies soft and smooth. I usually use Aquafor to do this but have switched and this is working really well also..
I am sorry to not put out there a complete review of all the ways this can be used.. I am dead set on this being my lippie rescue so for all the dry lips out there, this can be your saviour also! I will try to pry some out of the tub to use else where, but don't hate me if you don't hear back!

No comments: