Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Review - Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil

Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil

A rinse-off oil-based cleanser especially formulated for quick and easy removal of long-wearing foundation and water-resistant sunscreen. Protects skin’s natural moisture as it works. Rinses away quickly, leaving no sensation of stickiness.

Barbara says:

5 oz. $22.00
For about 6 months of the year, I use an SPF strength on my face that takes no prisoners—50 or even 60. It had never occurred to me that the cleanser I used at night might not fully remove the SPF. That is until I bought a Shiseido sunscreen and the saleswoman suggested I also needed the cleansing oil.

All I could picture was a sticky oil that would be hard to apply and not really
come off. I thought I was being hustled but with a pale complexion with some freckles, I didn’t dare ever go out without SPF.

I’ve always been partial to using an oil to take off makeup, feeling (rightly or wrongly) that it somehow penetrated the makeup much more effectively than a regular cleanser. So why wouldn’t it work that way on an SPF cream? I decided
to give things a go for one bottle of Ultimate Cleansing Oil and see what happened.
The result was instant love. The oil absolutely glided on, nothing sticky or tacky about it. I discovered that if I used a tissue to first wipe the oil off, THEN rinsed with water afterwards, there was not a trace of the oil left behind and my skin felt completely clean and smooth.

I owe both the saleswoman and the cleansing oil an apology for originally thinking, “Oh, yeah?” After using Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil for quite a while, my thoughts are now, “Oh, yeah!” The product can be found at the Shiseido counter at any major department store.





No comments: