Thursday, November 27, 2008

Review - Liz Earle Young Skin Try-Me Kit


Movie Maven says:
While I wouldn't say I have young skin, I definitely have the skin problems of a much younger woman. Overactive oil glands lead to a constant battle between me and pimples galore. So when I got the opportunity to try this Liz Earle Young Skin Try-Me Kit, I was stoked. It comes with a variety of products, so I'll talk about each one (in the order you use them).

Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser: This cleanser, a thick cream that you apply to dry skin, then "polish" off with the included muslin cloth, is fast becoming one of my favorites. It left my skin soft, but not oily, and I did see mild improvement in my problem skin after using it for about a week and a half (which is about as much as you can get out of the little tube in the try-me kit). It did claim to remove even "tough mascara," which I didn't see happening, but it's d
efinitely a nice product for teens (or women whose faces think they are teens).

Deep Cleansing Mask: This mask might work. I could only use it twice, though, because the smell is so strong that after I used it (AND put the toner on AND put the lotion on), my face STILL smelled like rancid dirt. I really wish it didn't smell so bad, because the two times I used it, I liked the results, but it's just not worth it when there are other, lovely-smelling masks out there to use. The only plus: it comes with two sponges to sponge the mask off your face and provide an even deeper cleansing. Skip this one.
Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer: This toner in a little spray bottle is, thankfully, wonderful-smelling. I don't really care for the spray toner thing generally, but this spray bottle worked well and was a much finer mist than others I've tried, so I liked it.

Skin Repair Light Combination/Oily Lotion:
This lotion really is light and works well on oily skin. In the winter, it's so difficult to tread the line between "my face is so dry it's about to fall off" and "I need to do something to control this grease" when you have combination or oily skin. This lotion moisturizes just enough for the winter dryness to be under control, but not so much that it will overdo the grease.

Final Thoughts: The kit is well worth trying out if you've got combination, oily, or problem skin, even if you're not a teenager. But if you're buying full-size products, steer clear of the mask!

No comments: