Saturday, November 8, 2008

Review - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme

This seasonal favorite from Burt's offers up a soothing blend of natural ingredients, including nourishing Vitamin E, for the intensive care of dry cuticles, brittle nails, and chapped, cracked fingertips.

$5.99 @ Drugstore.com

I religiously paint my nails, but I cannot religiously afford to get expensive manicures. So my nails are always a cute pretty color, but sometimes my cuticles look, well, less than nice, especially when it's cold and flu season and I'm washing my hands 30 times a day to avoid the plague of germs in the office. I love Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme because it's gentle on my hands, not tested on animals, natural, and smells delicious. I rub it in every morning and night before I go to bed and within days, I've noticed a huge difference in the softness of my skin and the texture around my nails. I'm hooked on it now!

Hillary says:

I'm a little cuticle obsessed. I must have 10 different implements to take care of one's cuticles. This balm is an essential part of the arsenal. Like Amanda, I do my own nails most of the time. This creme is just the thing to soften cuticles the night before you're going to do your nails. I generally cut mine, but if they are ragged it can be difficult to do properly. Use this cuticle creme a for a few nights before you give yourself a manicure and you'll see they come off smoothly & easily. It has vitamin E & is 94% all natural to boot. A little goes a long way too, I've had the same tin for about a year!

Cityslicker says:

This has to be one of the best no nonsense cuticle creams out there.. It's a great value and lasts a long time, I use very little of it and it seems to look like it's barely touched.. For you who have used or seen this.. It's a yellow paste looking cream, when you rub into your cuticles it's warms up and dissolves into my nails and looks shiny and feels a little greasy.. This is a welcome feeling since my nails are dry and brittle which pretty much is what my cuticles are like.. I find that using this in the evening works wonders for me.. I wake up and rinse away in the shower.. When I am done my nails have a healthy look and my cuticles aren't ragged.. I could use this every night but I find that my time and memory allows me to do it about 3x and in just a short week my finger tips looks great.. I don't really paint my nails, I use clear when I am on a nail kick and now that my cuticles don't look so ravaged it makes the polish look that much better.. This is WELL works the investment.. I keep one in my desk at work, one at home and now this 3rd one I have is in my purse.. If you wear softening gloves at night these are a wonder, my fingers week so soft in the AM.. The smell is a wonderful lemony fresh scent that I wish Burt's would put in a candle.. It's so yummy..

Deedlejuse Says:

I don’t usually do my nails because my hands are constantly covered in some sort of something, usually paint or ink, so it doesn’t really make sense for me to try to make my nails look pretty. This cuticle cream is awesome for just about everything though. It really makes your cuticles soft and pliable so if you feel so inclined you can cut them or shape them rather easily yourself. It also works wonders on cracked fingertips, and sort of just feels like a salve, instead of a greasy cuticle cream. The smell is really beautiful like CitySlicker says, very lemony, so I sometimes use it on the backs of my hands as well if I am in a jam and I need a lot of moisture. A little of this stuff really goes a long way, so I don’t feel badly about using it as a cure-all. For $6 a tin you should just try some and see how wonderful it is for yourself, I promise you won’t be let down!

Sheba says:

Looks like I am the last one to discover this miracle Creme. Burt's Bees produces so many good products and this is one of the best. I should just say ditto everyone above. It is all that they said. It goes on so easily and it has a very nice lemony scent that is not overbearing. You will notice a difference in your cuticles and the skin around your nails relatively quickly. I am hoping it just might stop my nasty little habit of picking at the dry ends around my nails -- since there won't be any. You will feel and see the difference and the cost is so darn reasonable for all you get. It seems like a tiny little tin -- but it goes far. It will last and last. You barely need to dip your finger into it for the great results. That one dip will last in spreading it onto most of the other fingernail areas.

No comments: