Friday, September 5, 2008

Review- Plum Island Body Butter


Our Body Butters are rich, thick, decadent and wonderful for moisturizing thirsty skin. Made with a pure olive oil and beeswax base, our butters are absolute heaven to dry skin and will help seal in moisture for prolonged protection.

One of our favorite companies, Plum Island Soap, sent us itty-bitty baby samples of this delightful body butter - my main complaint is that we didn't get bigger containers! Happily, you need only a teeny bit of this thick butter to soften dry hands - and keep them soft. It's crazy creamy. Because this butter is made with essential oils, I found the scents to be a bit subtler than some creams and lotions I've tried, so if you're sensitive to artificial scents, but like a little somethin'-somethin' in your lo-lo, this might be a good option for you. The pink grapefruit (my favorite flavor!) scent is almost overwhelmed by the natural beeswax scent, but not quite, giving the butter a great, really natural smell. Definitely recommended!


Deedlejuse Says:

I totally agree with Movie Maven on this one! I am completely in love with Plum Island Soap Company, and their Body Butter might be my all-time favorite product of theirs. I love the smell of the natural oils, and I especially love that they are sooooo natural. My amazing story about this butter is I woke up in the middle of the night one night, and the crease of my toe had cracked. I wear sandals all summer, so my toes get so dry. Anyway, I slathered on some Wild Lavender Body Butter just because it was there and went back to bed. The next morning my toe had healed and my foot felt nice and moisturized. Lavender is one of those oils that have medicinal qualities, but I really had not expected it to work so well. Needless to say I went over and bought a tub the next day. You will not be disappointed!

No comments: