Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Review- Plum Island Soap Company Citrus Scrub Soap


Soaps are made in small batches with high quality vegetable-based ingredients using pure essential oils for scent; ground herbs and clays for color and texture. Creamy in lather, natural, pure, gentle & wonderfully scented! Available in 8 scents. 3.5 oz./$4.75

I used Citrus Scrub made from grapefruit, lemon, and orange essential oils with cornmeal for the gentle scrubbing qualities. Though it seems the ingredients would make it heavily-scented, it’s actually very clean-smelling—in a good way. I like the moisturizing lather so much I use it to shave with, as well as on my entire body. It’s one of those really good soaps that’s best kept out of the water stream. Be sure to do this so it lasts a long time; you’ll want it to. However, at only $4.75 a bar, that’s a reasonable price to pay for a good soap. I know it’s only September, but for those holiday early-bird shoppers, these are terrific stocking-stuffers.

Hillary says:

I really enjoyed how soft this bar of soap was (I've used the whole thing already). It had a light, not overbearing, citrus scent that wasn't so strong as to clash with my perfumes. It lathers rather well for a natural bar of soap and I appreciate the slightly "nubby" texture. It left you feeling clean with no signs of residue. The only drawback is (and I hear this goes for most natural soap bars), if you don't keep it dry, it doesn't last as long as a drug store bar of soap. I learned that the hard way. Overall, I was very happy with it.

No comments: