Saturday, September 13, 2008

Review - Revlon Flex Shampoo, Extra Body

Triple Action: Fortifies, and Protects -- Balsam & Protein
Thicker, shinier, healthier-looking hair! That's what you get every time you shampoo with body building, Triple Action Flex. Fortifies with Pro-Vitamin B5 to thicken hair from the inside out. Nourishes with a unique, smoothing complex as it provides super shine and extra body. Protects with moisture-binders to help safeguard against heat styling and the drying effects of the sun. The result: even fine hair comes out luxuriously full -- sparkling clean, healthy-looking, beautifully manageable, full of body and bounce -- with the great Balsam fresh scent. 15oz. Made in U.S.A. $2.69


This is an old standby. I have used this shampoo off and on for several years -- with amazing good results. Then, it just seemed to disappear. I went to the Revlon web site and searched -- wasn't there. I guessed that it was discontinued. Thank goodness I was wrong. I was visiting a friend and she had several bottles of it lined up in her bathroom. When I asked her about it -- she was hoarding it since she had such a difficult time locating it. Revlon is slipping -- they should put this on their advertising front burner. The price is incredible for the value. I have now actually found it on sale for $2.69 -- buy one -- get two free. I could not resist: I have stocked up. Further I bought a supply for my friend who told me where she found it. It was in the Big Y supermarket which is not too far for me. I almost had to torture her to get the location as she feared if word got out -- it would disappear. This shampoo smells great, cleans your hair perfectly and does leave the feeling of some body and a wonderful shine. I have paid a lot more for shampoos that have done a lot less. You cannot go wrong -- especially at such a price. Actually if you do get it from Drugstore.com there is no shipping and handling so you can stock up once you realize what a deal you have just made.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tip about drugstore.com. I live in Canada, so this provides me with a reliable source!

Anonymous said...

Flex is sold at all Wal-Mart store locations in the U.S. A bottle of Flex shampoo only costs 1.85 cents at Wal-Mart. I am not lying!

Anonymous said...

I have used FLEX daily for about 40 years. I'm 77 and have been told my hair looks great with very little grey. Stocked up at WalMart last year and took it back to Can. Can't find it a USA WalMart this year. PS never had dandruff or itchy scalp.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Flex!! I am 55 and since Jr. Hi. I have used Revlon Flex Extra Body Shampoo and Cream Rinse. My long thick hair shines and looks great. Everyon thinks I use a Salon product. When I tell them I use Flex, they are amazed. There is a problem in the USA trying to find it! Come on Revlon, push this great product once again!!!

None said...

This is like liquid gold and Revlon doesn't realize it. If you have trouble finding it -- try Walmart as has been suggested. If all fails -- go to Drugstore.com and have it sent. If you are near a Big Y grocery store -- they carry it. Imagine if Revlon was smart -- we could find it everywhere -- but the price would be ridiculous!! Happy hunting!!

Anonymous said...

I found Flex at a Schnucks here in Memphis on the bottom shelf by accident. Opened the bottle right there in the store for that old familiar smell. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Harris Teeter sells Flex. I don't remember the exact price, but it was definitely under $2.

Unknown said...

Flex is the best shampoo ever and I have tried them all IT IS HARD TO FIND NOW THOUGH

Anonymous said...

I would love to know where to find it in Florida. I was in Georgia this passed week and they sell Flex at Ingles grocery store for $1.58!!
I bought 5 bottles of shampoo and the last bottle of conditioner. If anyone knows where to find it near Jacksonville, let me know!!
Thanks

Shari said...

I live in Washinton State and can't find flex shampoo anywhere.I need some help to find it. I saw it was on ebay for abot $7 - $10 a bottle and I just thought that was crazy. I wish now that I would have bought more on Drugstore.com a few months ago, but I didn't think they would not have it again. If anyone could help please.
Furthermore, I think we should start a petition to Revlon about this problem...LOL

Anonymous said...

I bought it recently on Maui at Star Market in Honokowai, which is a grocery store. Now I'm in Idaho and can't find it anywhere.

wench said...

PLEASE..someone tell me/help me find this in the northern Virginia area?!?!?!?! (or online for a decent price!!)

Anonymous said...

Does anyone happen to know which Harris Teeter someone had seen Flex at? Or anywhere else they have been able to find it recently. Please let me know. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I tried the link above and they only have the conditioner. This is the only shampoo my husband will use and we're on our last bottle! I live in New Hampshire, any help would be appreciated!

Unknown said...

This is the only shampoo my husband will use and we're on our last bottle. I tried the link that Hillary provided but they only have the conditioner. I live in New Hampshire, any help would be appreciated!

Hillary said...

Hey again,
Since it's free to list on ebay temporarily, I'm listing the Flex Shampoos & Conditioners there at the moment. Here's a link:
http://shop.ebay.com/stuckindoors1/m.html. My "handle" is stuckindoors1. I made sure to make it the most affordable price on ebay. Take care & enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I just had this eschange with Revlon:
ME: I have been using Flex shampoo (normal to dry) and creme rinse (extra body) since the 70's and now I can't find it. Which one of your products will be a good substitute for Flex products you no longer make?
** Thank you for waiting. You are number 1 in line.
Thank you for waiting. You are now chatting with Erin
Erin: I'll be happy to help you.
Erin: Unfortunately, Bess, Flex Shampoo has been discontinued. At this time, we do not manufacture a shampoo.
ME: REALLY!
Erin: Yes, ma'am! I am very sorry.
ME: Was that part of your business sold to someone?
Erin: No, it was just discontinued and our inventory is depleted.

Anonymous said...

I live in st peters mo.63376,and I can't find it any where.Help!!!!!I'll travel a little ways to get it if I have to.

Hillary said...

I'm sorry to say that the only place you'll find it now is on ebay. I just sold the last of what I had for almost $13 per bottle! You're going to pay a huge amount for it on ebay. My suggestion is to buy an unscented shampoo and conditioner and drop a few drops of balsam fragrance oil in it. That is if it's the smell you're after. I've analyzed the ingredients in the shampoo & to tell you the truth, it's almost entirely detergents. Very little moisturizers or anti-oxidants. I'm sorry to say, it's time to move on...