Saturday, September 27, 2008

Review- Ocean Potion Natural Mineral Sunblock


Ocean Potion Naturals, featuring our trademark SeaCure Sea Plant Botanical Complex, is rich in healthy anti-oxidants to nourish the skin. The line consists of protective products for face and body, plus gentle skin protection for children. Additionally, there are four skin care products to rehabilitate over-exposed skin. Feed your skin from the outside in, while protecting from UVA I, II, and UVB exposure. Cruelty Free. No Animal Testing. $8.99

I was really looking forward to using the Ocean Potion for Kids SPF 45. It's natural & it provides complete UVA/UVB protection. I do recommend this product for kids as it is very water & sweat resistant. For adults on the other hand, not so great. It comes out of the tube white and as you slather it on, it remains white and makes you look paler. Especially at the beach, no one wants to look extra pale. It also leaves white residue on things you hit with your arms and legs. Overall, this product has some good qualities (especially for kids), but I wasn't a big fan.
.
CitySlicker Says:
I have this in the Mineral Sunblock Active Wear SPF30, I am so pleased with it. I have been using on my face for over 2 weeks now. I can get away with just under a quarter’s sized amount. I know I should be using more but with the transition from summer to fall, I haven’t been outside as much. I have used more expensive mineral sunscreens and have to say for the money, go out and get a tube; I don’t think you’ll be disappointed at all. It takes a little longer to absorb into my skin but I don’t mind it at all. Once it’s absorbed I am not all greasy or oily feeling, it’s been easy to apply my foundation over too. I do think the formula is a little loose most sunscreens are a bit heavier / thicker in my opinion. I am thinking this is a great line for carrying in the purse; it’s affordable and works... I have experienced no breakouts or additional oil in the face area either, nice find!

No comments: