Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Review - Cynos Nano Molding Paste (Apple)


CYNOS Nano Molding Paste thickens and delivers more density to the hair, allowing for more manageable styles with increased volume, body. Heals seals and protects to improve styling control. Contains color preservers.

I'm not sure if there's a difference between the Cynos Nano Molding Paste in the yellow tube and the one in the green tube other than the scent - the yellow version smells like Random Hair Product Smell, while the green tub version smells like green apple Now and Laters. However, since I reviewed the yellow (original?) version, I've chopped off my hair and actually had the opportunity to try this product out myself. The main thing to be aware of with this styling product is that you seriously - seriously - do not need a lot. The first time I used it, I used maybe a dime-sized amount in my hands, which I rubbed together and applied from the back like the boys on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy taught me so many years ago. Dude, you guys - it was waaaaaaay too much. The back of my hair was greasier than my friend Marta after her Canola Oil Wrestling matches. It was not pretty. I put on a hat.

However! I was not deterred, and tried again. When I used the teeny-tiniest amount I could squeeze out of the tube, this stuff worked great! A little bit of texture, a little bit of volume, and very little stickiness. Plus, it smells like green apple Now and Laters! Delish! The green version, like its yellow brother, is only available for purchase in salons. Sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Hillary said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! We have a great team now of creative, original writers and I'm very proud of their work. I'm so glad you enjoy the site!