Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Review- Sonya Dakar Green Tea Mask

For scarred skin, this refining mask helps smooth skin while absorbing impurities. Formulated to meet eco-friendly principles, this mask is free of parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, artificial fragrances and dyes. 2.25oz. for $72

Did you ever go through that adolescent phase where you were applying St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming mask religiously? I was 15 when I fell in love with that incredible blue fairy. Moving along! This mask smells exactly like that and one deep inhale once Sonya was on my face transformed me back to my parents' house with my dad's sweatband holding my bangs off of my forehead inspecting every teenage pore in my bathroom mirror preparing to apply that potion for the second time in as many days. This is a lot lighter than the other, BTW and so comforting to have on for the reco'd 10 minutes. I didn't see until later that it was for scarring which I don't have a lot of on my face so I can't speak to whether it's miraculous on that tip but my skin was really healthy and glowing for a good day afterwards. I could get religious with this one!

Deedlejuse Says: My only complaint about this mask is that there just plain wasn't enough of it in my little tube. Instead of trying a sample just go for it! You'll be glad you did! The minty freshness of the smell is wonderful, the consistency is perfect (not too thick and not too thin) it is easy to apply and easy to get off, aaaannnnddd it leaves your skin with a beautiful glow. I also don't have too much scarring, or enough of this mask to really do anything about it, but I did notice that my pores were MUCH smaller and tighter looking after my 10 mins. I was really happy with this mask, and generally masks tend to make my face burn and feel pretty uncomfortable, but this just soothed and healed. Like I said, don't bother with a sample, just grab it now!

Trish Says: Anything with green tea makes me thrilled! Even better when the benefits of green tea show up immediately. And so it is with this cleansing and soothing facial mask. Even with my first try, I noticed tiny scars noticeably lighter and my skin much smoother and softer. For me, it does not take much for a pimple or skin irritation to leave a mark on my skin for weeks, but with this mask, it speeds the healing time and regenerates the cells producing a healthy and beautiful glow remarkably. A definite skin repair must for those who scar easily and want to restore the skin to its natural healthy, vibrant, smooth, and clear condition. Results are almost instantly visible, but mostly likely will require regular use to fully see benefits.

Sultana says: I agree that there was not enough of this mask to go around, however I saw quickly that a little went a long way. I have lots of scarring from acne and I try a lot of different products that claim to reduce marks. This one did what it was supposed to. The smell was very refreshing and you can feel a very subtle tingling when its on. After I washed it off, my face was vibrant. It looked like I went to have a facial in a salon and they scrubbed it thoroughly! If it did that in one use, imagine what it would do long term. So the price tag is a little hefty but we know that when you find a good product that works, you have to buy it. This is also good if you have sensitive skin as well. I didn't have any irritation or redness the next day and just about everything makes my skin irritated. I could see myself using this at least once a week.

No comments: