Sunday, July 12, 2009

Review- Privé Thermal Protection Detangling Spray

Enriched with cactus, bamboo and kelp, Herbal Blend #30 deeply penetrates the cuticle to deliver excellent conditioning and detangling, while protecting against hot tool damage. This unique, lightweight spray imparts exceptional sheen to the hair, which brightens haircolor and makes hair easier to style.

Let me start out by saying I love me some thermal protection. It's one of my "can't live without" products. Now I may sound like a broken record or a total defective, but as happens with many things I use, the first time I used this I overdid it. Thus, next day- oily looking hair. If you read yesterday's review of Arrojo Hair Crème, you will see a pattern. So at this point I feel the mention that a little of this spray goes a long way. Unlike many other detanglers I've used, you don't have to drench your hair in this spray in order to get a comb through it. Simply spay enough to put a fine mist on your hair and you'll be able to put a wide tooth comb through your hair no problem. Now when I use it it simply adds sheen to my hair and surely spares me many a split end because I don't have to tug on my hair to brush it. Thermal protectant is sort of like my imaginary childhood friend, Stanley. They are both invisible but serve a big purpose. (My mother used to give me a cookie for myself AND Stanley). My haircolor lasts longer and my hair is definitely less dry since I started using thermal protectant and I have to say, this one is in my book of favorites because it does the double duty of detangling to boot.

Sultana says: I agree with Hillary 100%! I've spent tons of money on various detanglers that have never worked on my hair. They usually are so heavy that they weigh my hair down or they feel too watery. The first day I used this spray I was in love. Not only does it take out all those pesky knots, but it protects your hair from heat! I curl my hair 5-6 times per week and I need the extra protection. I put this on after I wash my hair at night. In the morning when I wake up, my hair is shinier; softer and way more manageable. I would not normally pay $21 for a detangler but as Hillary stated, a little goes a long way. Therefore, this is definitely worth the money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just started using thermal protectors with my ghd hair straighteners and i've noticed how healthy my hair looks compared to the times when I was just straightening. It does bring shine and brightness back to it. I agree that a little spray goes a long way and on my first attempt I did overdo it a little bit like yourself.