Monday, December 22, 2008

Review - Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara

The number 1 mascara. Conditions as it thickens. All-day wear. No clumps, globs or smudges. Lash building brush. Contact lens safe. Hypoallergenic. Lash-coupling waterproof formula glides on smooth to build great-looking smudge-proof lashes. Lash-building brush makes it easy to get a full lash look.

I have worn many, many mascaras in my day. I am young (24), but I would say I have probably tried at least that number worth of mascaras. I'm just curious, you know? So when I received Great Lash Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline I sort of laughed, in all honestly most of the mascaras I have purchased retail for at least $20. My favorite being closer to $30..... Of course times are hard, and spending that much on mascara seems ridiculous now.
I'll be honest this mascara does not really compare to those insanely expensive companies, but for a very inexpensive mascara it rocks! You will need to use a curler as well because it does not include any kind of curling agent, but it stays put, even when it gets wet. Your lashes are really thicker, and with extended use it seems that they actually look thicker without anything on. While it isn't my first pick for mascara, it is without a doubt a tried and true standard that does it's job and will work in a pinch!


Sheba says: This is a go-to mascara. I am a mascara person -- love mascara. For the price you cannot beat almost any Maybelline Mascara - they know what they are doing in most of their eye products. This is a great day mascara but then when you go out at night you just need to add another coat or two. I always use my eyelash brush to separate lashes and to pull out any little clumps that appear. The clumps appear in some of the most expensive mascaras also. The brush is a true necessity to me. You can build this mascara up as little or as much as you want. I love that I can get two of three of these for the price of some of the very expensive ones that either work the same or not as well as this little gem. I find it easy to remove and I do not find smudges, etc. when wearing this. A wink (with great eyelashes) to Maybelline!

No comments: