Friday, December 12, 2008

Review- Eyeslices Eye Treatment Pads

eyeSlices® are innovative eye treatment pads that combine the natural essence of nature with bio-innovation to bring about an all-in-one solution to all common eye concerns. eyeSlices® is a global first in cryogel polymer technology. eyeSlices® dermal delivery eye masks reduce the appearance of red eyes, dark circles under eyes, tired eyes, wrinkles and puffy eyes within 5 minutes of use. eyeSlices® professional spa and in-home anti-aging eye skin treatments lock in moisture and are unique in that they provide an instant cooling sensation without a fridge and are re-usable!

If you suffer from puffy eyes in the morning, eyeslices are your dream come true. You can use the slices anywhere from 5-20 minutes so I use them for 10. In that 10 minutes, all signs of inflammation are eliminated as is the reddness. I can't say how well they do away with dark circles as I beleive you'd have to use them over time to diminish dark circles. You might think "Why would I want to stray from my old stand-by of a gel mask and Preparation H?" Well I have a very good reason to give you- safety. Preparation H has not been approved for use around the eye. However eyeslices contain the active ingredient in Preparation H, but in a well tested format. When given the option between a product never meant to be around the eyes and something with the same active ingredient specifically designed to deliver the desired result, I think the choice is a no brainer! They feel really good on the eyes (especially refrigerated) and leave the skin nicely moisturized. It contains Pentavitin whose "composition is very similar to that of the natural carbohydrate fraction found in the stratum corneum of the human skin". I have thought of one group of people who should have eyeslices in there arsenal "just in case"- brides. This is a quick fix to puffy eyes and the results last all day. Think of it as a $20 insurance policy.

There is a potential down side- the price. eyeslices are $20 for the initial kit with storage containers and $15 for refills. This isn't too bad if you intend to use them often (each eyeslice lasts up to 10 uses and they should be disposed of 2 weeks after opening) but how often you have puffy eyes totally determines whether these are a good "deal" or not. Don't get me wrong, I think they are really good and do what they are supposed to do exceptionally well, but the clock is ticking on my pair and I've only needed to use them twice in the last week and a half. See my point? If you have an important day coming up where you want to look your best, I suggest ordering a pair of eyeslices and keeping them around. It's just one more way you can ensure you look your best on special days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried EyeSlices last month for the first time, I couldn't believe how great they felt on my puffy eyes! EyeSlices are available in the USA now: http://www.eyeslicesusa.com

Anonymous said...

I tried EyeSlices in a spa during my vacation when I had tired eyes and was happy to discover EyeSlices can now be bought online to use at home. EyeSlices helped my dry eyes and burning eyes from travelling on the plane and quickly changing climates. I find using EyeSlices relaxing. EyeSlices claims to help puffy eyes and reduce dark circles under eyes, it definitely does for me.

This is where I purchased the EyeSlices online: http://www.eyeslicesusa.com

I'm only 26, so I'm not worrying yet about reducing signs of aging, but hopefully by using EyeSlices I'll prevent some wrinkles from starting! I like the fact that it's made with aoe vera.