Monday, December 17, 2007

Review - Dr Michelle Copeland Microdermabrasion Formula


A deep cleansing, spa-like treatment that leaves you with an overall fresh, healthy-looking glow. Perfect for Dull-looking skin, clogged pores. A deep cleansing formula to revive skin and slough off dull cells with natural exfoliators. An enriched blend of exfoliators sloughs off dull cells, frees pores of impurities and helps correct environmental damage. Natural particles mechanically deep cleanse the skin. Our high level of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) penetrate the skin for deep exfoliation. Great for face, hands, feet and body.
$25 for 1 oz.
$42 for 2.5 oz. @ Dr. Michelle Copeland

I have tried this product 2 times, and already my skin (immediately afterward!!) was at least 10-15 times softer than it was before, my dark spots and weird red blotches were gone, my skin feels so smooth and my blemishes and the tiny marks from previous ones are shrunken or gone. Admittedly, the scrub feels a bit harsh and I was really afraid it may be too severe for my super sensitive skin, but afterward my skin was glowing and did not feel irritated or look like it had been ravaged. Quite the opposite actually, my skin looks better than it has probably since the summer, now that the winter weather is harshing it, I will be keeping up with using this to keep my skin looking summer soft and glowy.

Movie Maven says:
Remember when you were a kid and you used to create exfoliating treatments out of wet sand, and cover your whole body in it? No? Just me? Fine: imagine that sensation, minus the sand in your swimsuit, and apply it to your face. It's wondrous. At first, I was a little alarmed at how this product really puts the "abrasion" in "microdermabrasion," but after I used it, I loved the results, and felt like my (typically problematic) skin was much smoother. I wouldn't use the product any more than a couple times a week, but that's plenty. Love it!

Hillary says:

How do I love this product? Let me count the ways (there's quite a few)! I use a prescription cream called Tazorac (it's like Retin-A). My doc just increased the strength and I've started peeling all over the place. But it only lasts until I use Dr. Michelle Copeland's Microdermabrasion Formula. It's like it gives me a whole new face! I go from peeling and mummified to smooth and soft. Like Movie Maven says, I wouldn't recommend it more than 3 times a week max, but boy what a difference it makes! It's been keeping me looking my best for the last 2 weeks and I don't really know how I could live without it. I've had professional microdermabrasion and it pales in comparison. This cream revealed supple skin I thought had flown south for the winter. Log on to Dr. Michelle Copeland's site and get some on the double (that goes double for those of you in cold climates).

Cityslicker Says:

I am a fan of The Copeland line. I have seen it in magazines and on entertainment tv.. I would compare this line to Kate Somerville & Sonia Dakar.. I love trying and using self starters who not only create for others but for themselves, to me it means that you will go the extra mile! This microdermabrasion is great to use.. It's a very this scrub that has a light menthol scent, I am sure this is to help tone your skin after a scrub.. This isn't like other kits I have tried, I found that the granules in the scrub aren't a fine as other lines, this isn't a good or bad thing, just different and worth mentioning. I use about 1/2 tsp. for my entire face, I go lightly on my nose and when close to my eyes.. I pretty much got over my face about about 90 seconds, when using this you don't need to apply heavy pressure.. I go over my face lightly and when I am done, the results are super soft skin without and sensitivity.. I do find my face looks pinkish but this is NORMAL, I think it if looking like the same before using I would be sloughing anything off.. I have been using this every other night.. When I am done I use a nice heavy night moisturizer and when I wake I am finding that my skin look bright and glowing.. I will continue to use and highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a little something extra for if you have an event coming up and no time for a facial, a week of this and your face will look great..

No comments: