Thursday, December 6, 2007

Review- Avon's Christian Lacroix ROUGE Eau de Parfum

Christian Lacroix, the premier French designer, is renowned the world over for dressing international celebrities in extravagant, brilliantly colorful fashion inspired by his passion for the theater, opera and life.

$32 @ Avon



I tend to stick to only a few fragrances and not wander too far off the scale of what I usually use, but I was intrigued by the packaging and the name. Christian Lacroix is a big fragrance name, and the deep red color is really beautiful, so I gave Rouge a try for two days. It's a really beautiful spicy sent that is a little more sexy than I would normally wear (especially to work!), but it's really delicious and citrusy and clean smelling, and very warm for this cold time of year here in New York City. I'll definitely be wearing it again, probably out at night. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a scent that's deeper than their usual and they'd like to experiment.

Hillary Says:

I wore this out the other day to a function and when I first put it on I was just luke-warm about it. Don't get me wrong- it's a really nice floral (but not too floral) with some warmer notes thrown in including chrype (whatever that is). After a while I smelled my wrist to see how it held up. I absolutely loved it! Much of the floral had given way to a warmer almost musky smell while remaining very feminine. I think what I would really like in Rouge is a body lotion. I'm sure there's one on it's way.

*If you are buying Avon, please use the link above rather than the generic link as it supports a woman in business (no additional fees & it still comes right to your door.)

No comments: