Saturday, January 30, 2010

Review- Vapour Atmosphere Luminous Foundation



Effortlessly achieve radiant healthy skin and a more even complexion with Atmosphere. These gorgeous Vapour foundation sticks glide on easily and blend seamlessly. The texture of the skin becomes instantly smoother, softer, and more beautiful as imperfections, fine lines, and wrinkles are hidden. Atmosphere foundation is the next generation of mineral cosmetics as it moves & breathes with the skin reflecting light to create a youthful glow.

As a true liquid foundation loyalist, I was not enthused about trying a stick foundation. However it was much easier and faster to apply than my liquid formula, blended beautifully and had a great natural finish. The coverage is buildable, but even after layering it on a bit I still couldn't really tell I was wearing makeup. It didn't really have the coverage or finish you get from a liquid foundation, but if you like a super natural look then you'll love it. Even though it is 70% organic, it still made my face feel dry and itchy, especially on cold, windier days. Overall its a pretty good foundation depending on the look that you prefer, and I think I would like this much better in the summer months, when I tend to go for lighter, breezier makeup.

Josephine says: I actually like stick foundation. It reminds me of that old school Max Factor product that made cream foundations doable (not to mention portable) for pretty much everyone. I commend Vapour for the effort but I am not thrilled with this stuff. I agree with Malikah--the coverage isn't that major thus defeating its purpose, imo. I guess I feel if you like the proverbial natural look than you would do better with a tinted moisturizer, you know? Cream formulations are used for their ability to cover anything and everything flawlessly. I also had trouble matching the shade to my skin tone as in it looked like it was going to work at first glance but blending it at the edges of my face got a little orange and weird. But I want to reiterate that I give the company props for trying to make a "natural" and mostly-organic version of this kind of makeup because Vapour may have paved the way for some killer version of this in the future.

Movie Maven says: Oh man, do I love anything that comes in a push-up stick format. I think this obsession probably sprouted at an early age, when I used to eat Flintstones Push-Up Pops like it was my job. Then, of course, there was the Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Phase of 1988-1992, marked heavily with the bubblegum flavor, interspersed with the occasional Dr. Pepper tube. Once, I even found a facewash in a stick (from Jane Cosmetics; I don’t think they make it anymore, but it was AMAZING and GREEN and smelled like Fresca. I took it on a road trip to Yellowstone National Park. It was awesome.

This obsession with all things in a stick (and on a stick, for that matter – I have never been known to turn down a corn dog) was fully realized when I got to try the Vapour Organic Beauty Foundation Stick. Oh. Man. I love it! It’s so so so easy to apply (even for someone who finds mornings as repellent as a razor sandwich, and is thus always very very TIRED upon applying makeup), and the coverage is great! I feel like it’s probably a more robust coverage than I would normally go for during the day – I like to keep it light – but for nighttime, I would definitely use this sucker. And since it’s a stick, it’s easy to toss in your purse if you’re the kind of girl who likes to touch up. The only thing that stung a little bit with this product was the price – I’m solidly a drugstore-brand girl, and at $38, this guy’s a little pricey. That’s $30 extra I could be spending on shoes, you know! I think if I were regularly spending that much on foundation, I’d definitely give this one a try, but as the cheap chick I am, I won’t go out of my way for this one (no matter how much I love it).

Trish says: Movie Maven has a good point, this is so easy to apply and so handy to take wherever you go, such as the gym, work, school etc ...the price is a little high though, and the coverage I got from the foundation was pretty good, but not as full and complete as my skin would usually need. It did make my skin look nice overall though and smoother, and I was surprised that for a stick mineral foundation, it went on so smoothly without any caking or flakiness...the best parts about the foundation include its versatility and super ease of use...not so great points for me is that while it's pretty even coverage, I still needed some additional powder to create a flawless look. I will say though stick foundations are pretty fun and super convenient to have handy.

Deedlejuse Says: Ok, true story: I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a foundation that I like and works on me. I am able to get copious samples of all the designer brands: Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Nars, you name it, I have tried it. And not like one of their types either a couple from each of the ones I have mentioned at least. Nothing was perfect, either the color was weird or it didn't have enough coverage or (my favorite) I thought I loved it then I saw a pic of myself and realized the incredibly shiny faced person smiling in the corner was me. Not a look I cherish, I'll tell you what!

Then I got this stick of Vapour Luminous Foundation, and I'll be the first to admit I like luminous (just there is a line, people!) so I was intrigued. Then I tried it, and now my favorite foundation has been found! Basically the stick thing as much as it sounds like a bad idea, is genius! Its easy to apply, you just smooth over your face and massage it on sort of with your hands. You don't have any waste, because you can't dump a bunch on the back of your hand and then have to throw it out after. The finish is wonderful, you get light to medium coverage (it really tones down redness) with a dewy look, but your not super shiny, or super matte. I think I have to disagree with Movie Maven, I would totally spend $38 on this stick of loveliness, but I think I might have to wait a bit longer and see exactly how long it lasts before I make that qualification! All in all though, I love it!

Sultana says: I have this in #140 which is a little on the dark side for me. I have a really strange complexion & I can never find the right foundation/powder. To achieve a natural look, I have to do a LOT of blending with various shades. Even though the color didn't match my face, I managed to make it work by blending it with my concealer which is a lighter color. It mixes very well with other brands and it builds easy. I like this because it is also light. You don't feel it weighing down your face. I just find it hard to put on foundation on a stick, because at some point you will need a brush or applicator to get in the corners.

No comments: