Friday, January 8, 2010

Review - Save Your Skin Exfoliation Bar in Regal Blossom


If a bar of soap could grow on a tree, this one certainly would. Handcrafted with all natural and organic ingredients, this product is sure to stimulate your mind, body and soul.

Infused with tiny bits of organic Yerba Maté, our soaps are perfect for those looking for a little exfoliation action. Organically-grown Aloe Vera will keep skin moisturized. Together, these ingredients will leave your body feeling smooth and toned.

Okay, so when I was a kid I had this set of decorative soaps from the Body Shop that were, like, my PRIDE and JOY. They were glycerin soaps, so they almost looked like jewels, except that they were in the shape of a variety of endangered species – I definitely remember a rhinoceros. There were maybe six of them, and they came in a keepsake box, and I never, ever used them. I just loved smelling them (and saving the animals, of course, because I was really into that as a kid).

This Save Your Skin Exfoliating Bar in Regal Blossom smells JUST LIKE that box of Animals in Danger soaps. The website describes the scent thusly: “a colorful accord of the natural aroma of lavender, geranium and rose. As nuances of palmarosa, chamomile and carrot seed reinforce this soothing combination, accents of citronella, pimento berry and clary sage add depth. A background of sandalwood and vanilla support this extraordinary creation.” Well. That’s complicated. I don’t know what convergence of scents happened to re-create the wonderful scent of my childhood soap set, but whatever it is, I’m into it. Add to that the fact that this soap is scrubby in a pleasant way, AND that this company is highly earth-conscious? Sign me up. As bar soaps go, this one is great.

No comments: